1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

They know!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LimePopsicle, Apr 1, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

Ah, well...first, this format freaked me out :lol:. I just came back home from this cabin place, so I'm a bit late knowing. Oh well...better late than never!

Anyways, back to the real stuff. Time to get serious. So put on your best looking sunglasses (any type of glasses will do, they can even just be frame) and hold onto your snacks!

Well, this weekend, like stated earlier, my family and I went to these cabins. (It was pretty fun). On the first night there, my dear parents decided it would be great to make me have a serious talk. At first it was just about my school. And then, get ready, my frustrations! I know, very anti-climactic. Heck, I think I spelled that wrong, but no matter. Anyhow, it was getting serious; my pulse was speeding up, my hands were shaking, and I couldn't stay still. It was intense! (Not really, but go with it). It ended venturing to my orientation and stuff, but then I just told them that I wasn't frustrated about it! Which is extremely true - I like who I like. So they kept pressuring me to tell and I was getting teary-eyed and nervous (this part is true). And I told them.

I told them the reason why I couldn't seem to like myself physically was because I look like a girl. I told them how I'll just feel so defeated when I notice my reflection at times. I told them all of that while looking away and stroking my dog's fur like a rich man! A very nervous rich man, but still a rich man... And they just said they love me no matter what and that we'll work through this together. Blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda, blar blar blar...(we're skipping my emotional moment).

I went to sleep on the bottom bunk-bed (too lazy to go on the top one) and just stared at the wall. (It's some type of wood). My dad came in later and said a few more words that tore me up instead of making me feel better like he wanted.

"You're the daughter I've always wanted."

So...yeah, that's a coming out moment by LimePopsicle. Not completely sure if it was good or bad, but it went better than expected. That must count for something.

2. Lewis

I think that was a pretty good experience for you, as long as they love you no matter what, that's the main thing. Congratulations. Now enjoy being you!

3. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi and well done for being honest,which at your age is even harder than when you become more independant.

Although his comments about being his daughter were not what you wanted to hear,i am quite sure they were said as an ice breaker,with good intention and above all were his way of showing his acceptance of you.

4. cassiem

Congratz on coming out! I agree with what csm123 said, i think they were just an ice breaker and he didn't mean to offend or upset you :slight_smile:

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!! I already told you of course, but it deserves to be said twice. :slight_smile:
    I can't imagine how awkward that was (well I can imagine), so you did a great job telling them the truth. Would they be okay with you being more yourself? Like.. wearing guy clothes and such? Or is this an "I love you but you can't be yourself as long as you live here" type of deal? Either way, you should be so proud of yourself! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

6. Harlequin

Well done! Your parents seem great, and very accepting. Like everyone else said, be proud of who you are. :slight_smile: