1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out to a girl today... first time for everything, huh?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by IamwhoIam12, Apr 2, 2012.

1. IamwhoIam12

So this is nothing big I guess...

I came out to a friend (that's a girl) today. I had high anxieties about coming out to my female friends... I've already told 6 of my male friends. She reacted really well to it! She said that she "had her suspicions" and is very supportive.

I'm wondering if other people have trouble coming out to a certain gender... ?

2. Hidinginalabama

Congrats and telling your friend. Me myself I kind of find it easier to tell some one of the oposet sex because they do not fear you coming on to them. I have told some of my guy friends and the first thing they said after saying they were ok with it was your not going to start hitting on me are you? So I say again congats on tell another people. Your doing a great thing.

3. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations mate! I also told my 4 male friends too first, then to one girl (2 weeks ago) and she's SO supportive about it!! (although she got a bit shocked at first)

had anxiety about telling a girl like you aswell but it turned out very well :grin:

4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! I'm glad she was so supportive of it. (*hug*) Every individual person you come out to is a big step you're taking, so congrats!

And yes, I have trouble with telling guys most of the time. But it's mostly because:
    1. the majority of my friends are girls, so I always talk to them and we're cool with each other.
    2. most of the guys I hang out with aren't too educated with LGBT issues and end up thinking being gay is a choice or I'm your stereotypical lesbian or etc. (no offense to any of the guys out there, these are just my friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

5. Lewis

Congrats! I want to tell one of my best friends that is a girl, but I just fear others finding out of I tell even one person. I trust her, but I feel it's just a huge risk to take.

6. Chickzak

Woo! Congrats for telling her =D

7. super confused

I disagree. Coming out to anyone at all is huge (especially if they take it that well). And it's a lot more than some people can claim. Good for you!
    (!) :eusa_clap

8. stupidIvan

Aww, congratulations! Every step is a big step, nothing is unimportant. Again, congrats! :::: D