1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I the only one who thinks coming out it no biggie.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Siateac34, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm out to exactly 18 people now. I just keep telling and telling and telling. My first few were like the scariest moments of my life (the first one was to my sister, who hugged me and then DEMANDED I tell her every last detail) but then after that it's like: "Oh, I'm gay" *pause* "Cool."

Like, it's no bother anymore. I don't get as worked up about it as I used it. It's sortof lost its sacredness. As happy as I am that it's becoming an obligation around friends, I'm still kindof peeved because I don't get that same sense of elation.

Lucas.

2. JSG

JSG Guest

Same here, I as very scared at first, but coming out isn't a one time thing to your parents and friends, it's your whole life, to almost everyone you meet.
    Sooner or later it has to come up, it's just a normal part of my life now.

3. InaRut

Before I came out (the first time) I thought coming out was no big deal. Then when I did come out...I found out how much a deal it actually was. For me it was sorta like taking my moms (and family I guess) plans and expectations..and flushing them down the toliet.

...I really should of told my friends first. haha

4. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahah. I haven't told my parents. But I've told so many friends that I think my parents might be insulted when I do tell them and they go: "So, how many people know?" assuming I'm gonna tell them like: "Oh, two or three."

No, like EVERYONE knows.

5. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tu parles francais?

Exactly. Like, eventually it's sortof like: "Do I care how you react? I have friends. I really *don't* care!"

6. Hollywood

I think that it all depends on the environment you're in. For me, coming out to more then just close friends is scary as hell because I still have a semester of high school left and you're so much more confined in high school then college. If it got out that I was gay I would go down on the social ladder (superficial, but whatever), probably lose some friends and more then likely make it my worst semester of high school.

THAT scares the hell out of me. And thats why i'm waiting until i graduate.

7. JSG

JSG Guest

Oui, je parle très bien Français, pourquoi?
    :slight_smile:

8. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh....French....I've taken 4 years and still can't speak a lick.

I think it definitely is getting eaiser. I live in a pretty conservative area, and I often find myself on the verge of telling people. The only reason I don't is because of these scholarships I need to go to school, and there are lots I wouldn't get if people knew I was gay. That is seriously about the only thing holding me back. It's definitely gotten WAY eaiser.

9. iPieman

It's always best to tell your friends first. Chances are you'll get a lot more support which will, in turn, completely boost your confidence and you can work your way up the ladder till you get to your parents.

Two years ago the night before I was due to go on a family holiday I was up, much like I am now, at stupid o'clock in the morning looking up coming out tips (for some reason I didn't actually find this site at the time) and one of the tips was exactly that; tell friends first.

Each persons situation has a different set of circumstances, which will make it super easy for one person to do it but really hard for another.

Each to their own.

10. Siateac34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Je vois que tu habites en France et je me demandais. J'adore retrouver des vrais francophones, pas des gens qui ont appris 300 mots au lycée.