1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out to my youngest brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by shy, Apr 4, 2012.

1. shy

shy

Today, my youngest brother came to traning with me because he just wanted to know what we practice like (badminton, but wayne). When we had finished and were waiting to being given a ride home I told him about a guy discriminating me in a homophobic way and that I really did take that personel... because I could (and because this particular guy is probably the most stupid person I ever met).
    At first he didn't get it and was trying to tell me the need of being a bit more tolerant about this :bang: (nope, that's a no go). Somehow he asked if I had a girlfriend and I just said "nah, and most likely never ever again will" - *why wouldn't you?... oh*
    Then he just said he was totally fine with it and that I was still his brother and nothing's gonna change that.
    At home then we had a pretty good chat for about an hour or so telling each other stuff we hadn't told the rest of the family. Things about why we go/went to psychiatrists or how we were going on in our private life and so on. It was pretty amazing, because 1) he's not the guy who tells stuff at home and 2) I was told by my mother that he wondered why I never told any private stuff and he could not imagine giving me an account of what it was about with him. Then we just agreed that we would rely upon each other for talks if we needed to (as I'm not out to my family, except for him and he may need someone to talk to or even to ask for help with school-stuff).

So I'm really happy about his reaction. It just made my day. :icon_bigg

2. Pilgrim is hot

that sounds awesome, well done :eusa_clap It is ace that you guys are going to be so open with each other now :icon_bigg

3. hml8

congrats, that sounds like a brilliant reaction! So glad you have someone you can talk to about it in your fam

& well done on coming out to him! :slight_smile:

4. IamwhoIam12

My little sister and I had a similar talk last night :slight_smile:
    It's a great feeling!
    Congrats man!
    :eusa_clap

5. Lewis

Congrats! I would love someone to talk to like that :icon_bigg

6. Hidinginalabama

That's so awesome and congrats. It so nice to be able to talk to your brother about your real life. I have a twin so I know how it is.

7. shy

shy

Thank you guys (&&&)!

It was just awesom and it's helping pretty much feeling more comfortable with it when people do so as well, just as if I was adapting my comfort about it to the environment.

Sometimes I really wish I had a twin myself. This must be great, so happy for you (*hug*)