1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Creamcheese657, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Creamcheese657

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Came out to my mom and it went great. I had to tell her over the phone because I live so far away and i was really freaking out about that, I would much rather be able to see the persons reaction then have that awkward silence over the phone with no way of telling how they reacted. After that brief second she said "Remember how I told you I would love you no matter where you go are what you do." so needless to say she was totally ok with who I am (!)

So after talking on the phone for a while the subject of my grandma just recently passing away came up and how the family was now only three generations and I told her how I was sorry that I would not be much help in that department. Her response cracked me up she was like I have not lost hope in you yet there is still adoption and went on to ask had i met anyone, I was like mom I just came out give me some time :lol:

So now I am going to start telling my friends this is where it starts to get difficult my worst fear is what i have been dreaming about for the last month i tell them all and all that happens is they all just turn around no words, no emotion, nothing. But its only my dreams that worry me I feel dam confident that I can do it now. Like a boss!!

Well I gots to go to work see ya later :icon_bigg

2. IamwhoIam12

Sweet! I'm glad your mom reacted so well! She seemed very accepting :slight_smile: I was nervous about telling my friends too, but they've actually been my best support while coming out to others. They love me the same as they did before. Good luck with telling your friends! I'm sure it'll be fine.

3. Vesper

It's really cool to know that your mom's got your back. Go to your friends with your head held high. I'm sure they will react positively. Even if some don't, life's too short to dwell on friends that you'd lost because they couldn't accept you.

P.S. Love your avatar. Cats rule!

4. JoshB

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't agree more! I remember being surprised at my Mom's reaction, and it actually sound similar to yours. It is important to have support from your Mom (and other family), but also your friends; so, when you get the courage, be proud and tell your friends.

Like Chouchou said, life is too short to deal with friends that can't accept you. Like they say, if they don't stay by your side through everything, they weren't true friends.

Again, congratulations on coming out to your mom, that is a huge step! :slight_smile:

5. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that's great to hear! Usually telling parents is the hardest for people when they're coming out and unfortunately not all are as accepting as your mom is. But that's great news and congrats on coming out to her! :grin: