1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"I'm gay." - "Oh. Me too!"

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xalex, Apr 14, 2012.

1. xalex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!

I would like to share something that has just happened to me and I found it incredible.

I went home from uni for Easter and met one of my childhood friends whom I knew from kindergarten (it's a she). I am gay but I only came out to a friend and some people at uni. So, I'm not really out and my family does not know either. Anyway, my friend and I talked about each other's lives and stuff when she, all of a sudden, told me she had a girlfriend. It came as a big surprise to me.

And this was when she asked me if I ever felt that I might be homosexual. I told her that I was gay. And we just sat there, hugging and looking at each other. We thought that the fact that we are both homosexual could have played a role in why we became such close friends (even before us knowing that we were gay). We also laughed thinking of our mothers, who are best friends. They will have a funny conversation in the future, once they realise that both of their kids are gay (her mom knows about her by my mom doesn't know about me yet).

Oh well...Sorry for taking your time and thanks for reading. I just find it incredibe how us, two best friends turned out to be both gay:slight_smile:

2. Caoimhe Fayre

don't apologize!!! you made me smile :slight_smile:

congrats, it sounds like you both have an awesome friend in each other :slight_smile:

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

hehe happy face :slight_smile:

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I can relate to you. A lot of my close friends have come out to me as well. Usually people make friends based on common interests. Maybe you both knew that you were different from "normal" when you were growing up. I know that is how I made a ton of my friends.

5. Jordash

Thats actually a pretty cute story! Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

6. kaa93

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You know, I honestly think there's something in the body chemistry of gay people that drives us towards each other. My best friend since 5th grade ended up being gay. And I met him years before I had ANY sexual feelings (I was like 9 after all). What are the chances of that?

7. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great story! Thanks for sharing, that is surprisingly fresh and welcome!
    I have to agree that we all must be drawn to each other for some reason, because it turns out my two cousins, out of everyone in my large family they were the two I always got along with so perfectly and just adored them, are both gay! They're older than me, so we didn't grow up together, but I always connected to them more than everyone else. I guess it was because we were all "different." How odd but cute.

8. alwayshope11

Thats awesome!

9. Valyrian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's just great! wish one specific friend of mine was gay too! oh well! :grin: :grin:

10. NickD

I love that story! Thanks so much for sharing!

11. Zapha

I enjoyed reading this - I guess it shows that life can pleasantly surprise us sometimes :slight_smile: