1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Zaio, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC

I actually came out a while ago so there is no need for congratulations, I just forgot to post it on here :slight_smile:

I figure some people like to read these threads, not only so they can help people but look for happy endings, and what it's really like to do it for encouragement, so here's mine, although it's not very interesting.

Basically it got to the point where I just wanted it out, so I was texting my favourite sister (yeah I know it's horrible to say my favourite sister, but she is, she's always been the only one to try with me.) I sent it after typing, it just explaining why I've been depressed for a while, why I haven't been interesting in girls etc etc, I wasn't really worried at the time as I was drunk, but I'm sure I would have been if I wasn't.

Anyway I fell asleep, somehow managed to forget I txt her, yeah I was very drunk. When I woke up the next day I read my phone remembering I text her, was holding it in my hand for about 10 minutes before reading it. Here is the exact text quoted "I'm glad u told me Ed. There's nothing to worry about we all love u no matter who u fancy. Being gay doesn't change u as a person and now u told me it makes sense to me now how u were before. It must b a horrible thing to have to face up to. But let me say that now ur getting older it won't b so hard for u. People at school r horrible and insensitive I kno cos I used to b like that. That's just an immaturity thing. But when ur older people accept u for being u. Uv got some good mates again now and uv got all us lot. It won't b long til u can b coming out drinkin with all of us. Don't worry about telling Ollie (my brother) and Joe (my cousin) and lee (other cousin) cos they won't care I promise. Its a big thing to deal with so don't feel pressured into telling everyone and if u need any help u kno where I am love u lots xxx"

After this text I knew it wouldn't matter if I was disowned, as I could always stay at my sisters house, so it was no big deal telling everyone else after, however she was so supportive she said if I wanted she would tell everyone for me, which was easier so I just let her do that. My brother and father have yet to even acknowledge it or talk to me about it, but they have been informed apparently, not even sure if they know but I'm told they do so, yeah... Was very very easy for me, other than getting the courage to tell my sister.

Anyway that's my coming out story for those who like reading these :slight_smile: good luck to all of you planning to come out soon.

- Again no congratulations necessary, it happened many months ago.

All the best.

2. Dalmatian

No matter if it was a decade ago, still congrats. It's not just about gathering courage, but also about starting to live a more honest and less solitary life. I'm not crazy about getting drunk at your age, though, although it's kinda hypocritical to mention it..

It's great to have someone as your sister, someone so supportive :thumbsup:

3. IamwhoIam12

Wow. That's awesome. Your sister sounds like a great person. I hope everything turns out well with your family. Thanks for sharing.

4. KaotikPrincess

It's great to have that support behind you. I was fortunate to have such a loving family as well, it really does make life a lot easier and I hope my kids feel the same way with me and their father.

:]

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say loving family. My sisters are nice to me, thats it. However, yes it is nice to have a member of your family support you, glad to hear you were also supported.