1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm guessing everyone will know in a week.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Maialuna, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Maialuna

Well, I've been pretty slow about coming out at school. My parents know, a lot of outside-of-school friends know, I didn't really have any sort of coming out thing that happened. I just kind of said words and got little reaction. If someone asks, I tell. So nothing interesting there.

But I think I inadvertently informed the whole school, or will have in a week. XD My girlfriend (who's at a different school from myself) at a job training program for high schoolers and told me that she met someone from my school who didn't seem to recognize me, but when I heard his name I knew who was and not surprised that he didn't really know me by name. He's one of those people that's really loud and social and only knows the people he's friends with, while I know the name of everyone and kind of slip under the radar. But the the next day I decided that I would talk to him because I... like to talk about my girlfriend. *cough* So I simply walked up to him and said that he met my girlfriend yesterday and jokingly accused him of saying he didn't know me. He got a little worried that I was actually offended and when I assured him I wasn't really, he asked if she was my girlfriend.
    Yeah.
    You mean your girlfriend girlfriend.
    Yeah, haha. *blush and awkwardly scratch the back of my head.* I kept talking to him walking out of class and he called over to his friend.
    Guess what? She has a girlfriend!
    Really, you do?
    Yeah.
    Your girlfriend girlfriend?
    Mm-hm.
    Oh cool, so do I.
    *Silently cheering in the back of my head, yay non-straight people!*
    So in a different class, that friend calls over to her friend (extremely loudly in a crowded space) and informs her that I have a girlfriend and we basically had the same conversation again.

It was kind of like in movies whenever you're showing the chain of gossip, except yelling across hallways instead of whispering in ears. So everyone knows 10 times as fast. Luckily my school is pretty accepting, so I'm not worried. ...It's actually kind of nice to have other people out me to everyone after telling just one person. It'll probably save me some time. :lol:

Sorry, that was unnecessarily long.

2. Fiddledeedee

Wow, congrats on coming out! That is so like when I came out to my school, though I did so by saying I could have a boyfriend or a girlfriend -- the way gossip works is fascinating, and saved me a lot of trouble in telling people individually. I did have to answer the same three or so questions over and over, so I sympathise with you on repetetive conversations. I'm glad everyone is so accepting!

3. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations!

4. Waffles

wow! congrats~! :grin: