1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omg my mom knows!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Maxis, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'VE DONE IT! I AM OFFICIALLY OUT TO EVERYONE!

OH MY GOD! I AM SO HAPPY!

So basically on the way home from school my mom asked if I had a crush on anybody at school. My stupid face blushed red and I said "No :icon_redf"

She said, "Come on, [CR], all of the boys at your school can't be ugly. At least someone you're slightly interested in?"

I shook my head.

She laughed, and said, "I don't believe you."

I stayed silent, and she went on, "You know, when I was signing you up for the school year, I saw this boy that was really pretty, even prettier than girls, who looked a bit like a skateboarding dude, y'know? One of the cutest guys I've seen. And I thought, When [CR] saw this person, she'll immediately fall in love with him."

I smiled a little bit, but still didn't say anything. She said, "Oh, come on, there has to be some guy you like!"

And then she paused before she said, "...or is it a girl crush?"

There goes my face again. Blushing bright red. I buried my face on top of my backpack, laughing a little bit, half of my mind saying Don't lie and the other half saying Don't tell her. So I just sat there hiding my blushing face with my backpack and laughing a little, probably looking really stupid.

She grinned, saying, "It is a girl crush!" I caved in and nodded slightly, my heart racing a mile a minute.

And as I looked up, she asked, "Why are you embarrased?" And she was smiling. Woah, I admit I didn't expect that. And for the record, my mom isn't even bi. She's straight.

And I just said, "Because!" And the conversation basically continued like this: She asked me who knew, who I had a crush on, a few details about the girl I had a crush on, whether I'm bi or gay, and that's all she asked really. I also told her about my plans with our Coming Out Trio, but since she sort of got it out of me that sort of failed now. :icon_redf And I asked her if she could tell dad and the rest of the family for me (since I'm still nervous for some reason) and she agreed to it, and that's it!

I am SO happy that she, and soon the rest of my family (who should be fine with it since some are LGBT actually, probably why my mom's cool with it), knows/will know now. I am SO glad I can finally change my out status to "Out to everyone," ...well, except the people at my school that don't really matter, but, they don't really matter. ^.^

Cheers!

2. julia

Wow, I'm so so SO happy for you!!! Your mother sounds amazing :slight_smile: Congrats, that's so fantastic!!

3. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YAY!!!!!
    I'll never be out to anyone except my online friends :bang:
    unless I get out of Ohio

4. NickD

That's so cool to hear! Congratulations on this HUGE step in your journey!

5. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much guys! She even said "I know it's not a choice, why would I be mad?" I'm so happy and thank you so much! :grin:

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Haha, awesome coming out, can't imagine how great that must feel to have a mother that actually steers the convo in that way, in a way that you know you're fine if you come out. Would be so much easier if that happened to all of us >.< go you!

7. Sayu

Amazing, congratulations!!! Every story like yours encourages me a little more :slight_smile:

8. jimL

It's so good to hear these happy stories. Congratulations! Now, go ask you crush out on a date. Haha.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!

10. timo

Congrats!! Your mom sounds like she's awesome :icon_bigg

11. GayJay

Congrats. Your mum sounds really cool, wish mine was a little more like her:slight_smile:

12. JRNagoya

Great to hear that. Say hi to Daytona Beach for me. It's where I spent many weekends with friends and family. Lots of fond memories. Hope the rest of the coming out process is as perfect as this one was.

13. kyle 1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Very cool! I honestly wish I had the same strength but unfortunately I do not!! (yet). I remember coming out to one of my friends from work and I will always remember how scared I was that day. But coming out to my mom might be a different story.

Your mom is awesome too :slight_smile: Congratulations !!

14. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone! :grin: All of my immediate family + my grandmother knows now. My mom talked to my dad and my grandmother about it, my grandma was completely cool with it. (I don't know exactly what she said since they were on the phone, but my mom told me she's fine with it)

When my mom told my dad about it, I was really nervous, but just continued mixing music on the computer as I always do on my free time and pretended not to notice. When they were done talking, he didn't say anything about it to me. He came in my room a few minutes afterwards but it was only to see what I was doing, and listen to the rough draft of a song I had so far. He smiled at me before he left the room. So I think he's cool with it too. :grin:

I told my brother over Facebook -- he's all ready gone to bed (he doesn't live with us & time zones had it so he's asleep right now) but my mom predicts he'll be fine with it also. My grandmother told me that he's homophobic, but I told mom, who told my brother, and my brother is pretty mad, so I guess my grandma is just trying to start drama or something (she has a reputation for that...) and so I'm guessing also he'll be fine with it.

I didn't expect this day to happen at all. I thought at least one family member would be a little bit queasy about it, but what'ya know! It does get better after all. ^^

JRNagoya -- Daytona Beach says hi, lol.

And to everyone else that hasn't came out yet, good luck! Just remember, like it happened for me, things can turn out better than you expect! :grin:

15. fireworks

fireworks Guest

a million 'well dones' to you! is there a clapping smiley somewhere... ah yes- :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

16. Phoenix91

Congratulations !!!! For stepping out of the stuffy closet. Now you can use it for storage and your clothes :slight_smile:

17. secretguyX

Damn, you have an amazing Mom! :eusa_clap

18. Young Anonymous

I'm just going to agree with every poster here...

YOUR MOM IS AMAZING!!!

I wish it'd be that easy for me =/ Congratulations!

19. Lark

Lark Guest

Congrats man! Your mum sounds epic-you are lucky to have such awesome, accepting people in your life. It must've been difficult to come out to family, so nice one :slight_smile:

20. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations thats awesome.