1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out... Now I'm Scared!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Of Mice and Men, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Of Mice and Men

I was hanging out with a trustworthy and liberal female friend when she noticed I seemed uncomfortable. I finally gathered the courage and blurted out that I was gay. She hugged me, told me that it was absolutely fine with and was happy I told her. The day went on normally and it wasn't awkward at all.

But now I'm scared. I think I'm gay, but now I'm worried that I might not be and I made a huge mistake telling somebody. Does anybody have any advice? I think I'm gay, but am having trouble deciding for sure. Did I make a huge mistake in telling her when I'm still questioning?

2. secretguyX

I've done the same thing, three of my friends and my brother now think I'm gay, and I think I may be bisexual.

But you didn't make a mistake at all. If your feelings do happen to change, just tell her that. But it's great to have somebody to talk to about it. And congrats on telling her! :eusa_clap

3. speedracing22

When I told my friend I did the same thing - - I told her I was gay. I really don't know for sure exactly what I like (some days girls.....some days guys....some days both), but it was easier at the time for me to just say I was gay because I was so nervous that I really had no clue what I was saying. I eventually explained everything to her at a later time, and she was really cool friend who completely understood.

If you want to clarify it with her you could talk to her again and tell her that even though you told her you're gay, that you're still not 100% sure.

If she is trustworthy friend like you said, it sounds like you have nothing to worry about though. It's always nice to have someone you can talk to about this stuff.

4. Of Mice and Men

Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not alone in this! ^_^

Yeah, I can barely remember what I said. I was shaking and wasn't sure what I was thinking and what I was saying. But yeah, she's cool and already told me that she's cool with it and that she'll be there to talk no matter what. :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys!

5. alwayshope11

I definitely wouldn't worry about it.. just tell her you are confused. I told one of my best friends that I think I may be gay but I'm not sure.. and she was amazing about it... she told me she would be here for me no matter what and whenever I need her. It will be nice to have your friend when you need her, too!

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its quite common its because you spend so long working it out in your own head and then when you tell someone else you, it sets off a whole new trend of worry in your head, I think it is because whilst it is only in your own head and in online forums you can always disappear from it, like try and forget about it and leave the forums but once you tell someone in real life, it makes its real, but the good news is the feeling usually goes away fairly quickly.