1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is how it went down!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JudasKissedHIM, Apr 19, 2012.

1. JudasKissedHIM

Some background

I am 22 years of age and live in South Africa. My parents are divorced. I've been out to my dad, most friends and my cool aunt and cousin for a couple of years now. I guess I've never told my mom because you know.... It's so damn hard to actually say it! All of the people who know have found out via the grapevine so I never really had to force myself to tell someone.

What went down yesterday

My father's sister (hence referred to as the biatch) is really homophobic and she snooped around on my Facebook profile (my profile is really secure so I don't know how she found shit on there. Damn new timeline really has privacy issues!) and she saw stuff on there that insinuated that I'm gay.

So she called my cousin and asked her if I'm gay and my cousin said she doesn't know. Then the biatch called my cousin's mother (my cool aunt) and asked if I'm gay... My aunt then asked why and admitted that I am gay after the biatch said she could tell by my Facebook profile. The biatch then cried, said it's wrong, asked whether my grandmother, mother and father know and then the biatch went ape-shit when my (cool) aunt said yes my father knows and that my 'father is not like this' and 'why didn't he stop me' and blahblahblah. (Side note: my mother and grandmother doesn't know).

My cousin then called me and told me what had happened and I had two options: (1) stress about the biatch calling my mother and tell her that I am gay or (2) just come out and not having to stress anymore.

What went down tonight

So I made the choice to tell my mother- I've always been scared to tell her because I am her only child and really worry about her not having grandchildren and all those silly things...

So when my mom got home I called her into my bedroom and just told her. I cried a lot and she kept saying she love me and that she would never reject me. She also asked for me to send her articles and sources that she can read through so that she can understand what's going on... She also said she just wants to process everything and then she would tell her parents and my father's mother.

#1 JudasKissedHIM, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  2. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Hey congrats to you! That's so brave, you should be proud :grin:

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Congratulations, very brave of you.
    It seems your mother is taking it quite well, show her some literature and if she's as reasonable as she seems she'll realize you're still the same person and there's nothing wrong with you.

4. PrisonBreakBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry about all the drama, but I'm glad to hear it seems to be working out well with your mother.

5. hml8

Sorry to hear about 'biatch', but your mum seems to have taken it really well and I suppose if that hadn't happened you'd still be in the closet to her . . . ? So every cloud has a silver lining and all that :slight_smile:
    Congrats on being brave and telling her yourself

6. Hidinginalabama

Sorry that some one found out that you didn't want to know. But congrats on coming out tO your mom. I know it's not easy to tell family but worth every bit of it. Way to go you

7. Lewis

What a biatch...

8. Lad123

Lol yep a biatch indeed she is! Anyways congratulations :slight_smile: