1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning, planning, PLANNING!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pain, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Hello there!
    I'm headed on a trip to Virginia-- with several friends, most of whom don't yet know that I'm gay. I'm looking to tell at least one girl with whom I've grown kinda close. Part one of this trip includes a dance-party-on-a-cruise sorta-thing. I was just thinking about bringing it up while dancing or something not-so-serious, just like,
    Me: :thumbsup: "Hey, can I tell you something?"
    Her: "Sure, what?"
    Me: :thumbsup: "I'm gay!"
    Her: ":lol::kiss::icon_wink:icon_bigg:eusa_clap(&&&)(!):thumbsup::eusa_danc:smilewave:grin:(*hug*):roflmao:!"
    And it should help with coming out IMO; she isn't exactly the best secret-keeper :confused:... But I think I would rather be outed when it comes to my peers than to make an announcement of it myself. I can deal with rumors easily... Make my job easier and all that...
    Opine upon this and give me your thoughts! (!)

2. Drakey

usually I get the response "we knew!" xD some people just guess for themselves. but if you act nonchalant about it then they could treat it as if it weren't important, which it is! maybe you should take time to tell them before your trip to let them adjust

3. BudderMC

Sounds pretty good!

The only problem I foresee is that if she takes it badly for some reason, it could make the rest of the night (and rest of the trip) pretty awkward. Especially if you were dancing "closely" before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: