1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kind of came out to someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by gentlegiant4, Jan 6, 2008.

1. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a little background info on the situation so it will (hopefully) make sense.

I live in arizona and I work at a restaurant, so...... all of the cooks there are hispanic. heh I am spanish and speak the language as well, although I have come to learn that the dialects are VERY different. Anyway I find it much easier to talk to the mexican guys rather than the waiters/ other busboys (my job) and spend time with them on breaks.

So the one I talk to most was hanging out in the bar on his break too, and we started to talk. He was almost immediately distracted by something, so I looked in the direction that he was, and I guess I didn't see anything. He looked at me in disbelief and pointed at this woman with an enormous ass. i laughed and looked away, but I didn't say anything. (This guy likes girls a lot )

Immediately he asked me "no te gustan las mujeres?" (don't you like girls?) without thinking I replied "no." He repeated the question (loudly) and I got really scared and had that horrible knot in my stomach; I thought I was going to throw up. I said no again, but I realized while doing so that he was probably going to hate me. He was really quiet and stared off for around a minute and then shrugged and said "it's ok" (in english, which was really sweet, as he speaks very little).

I was SURE he was going to ask if I liked guys but instead he whispered to the bartender (who is also bilingual and heard the entire conversation, lol) and the bartender told me my that friend said "you're still young."

-_-

I just felt instantly defeated and didn't want to say, "No, I just like guys." Ugh. But I feel like I got somewhere, and there will probably be another conversation on the future. So overall, a positive experience :slight_smile: oh, and sorry for the length heh

#1 gentlegiant4, Jan 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. young92

congrats :slight_smile:
    its kind of funny really

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I hope you can continue the conversation with your friend later. Congratulations on coming this far.

4. Jim1454

Cute story! Way to go.

I was always like that too - I'd NEVER notice the women that other guys would see... I'd always be like "What?!?..."

I wouldn't worry about explaining that it's not something you'll grow out of. I think to some extent that's a cultural thing. I'd just let it go.

Oh - and welcome to EC!

5. biisme

ooo....that's great

congratulations!

6. SpikySpice

Yay, im glad for you, and you shoudl be proud of yourself

I wish you luck for the whole comming process

7. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

hey congrats

8. Rahata

LOL, thats a great story. Congratulations.