1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My story

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sydneyguy83, Apr 29, 2012.

1. sydneyguy83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the last couple of weeks I finally (at 29 years old) have started the process of coming out to my close family and friends. After years of hiding and confusion I have learnt to accept and be comfortable with who I am.

Everyone I've told so far has been extremely supportive, even though many didn't see it coming. I guess I don't fit into what they consider to be a 'stereotypical gay', so I'm glad I can finally change their perception :slight_smile:

I haven't really had any real romantic relationships so far in my life, allowing my sexuality to hold me back from the world, but now that I've started this process I'm feeling more optimistic for the future and a cloud has lifted.

Since I've come out in the back of my mind I keep asking myself why I left it this long, and whether I've left it too late. Overall I'm am pretty introverted guy and not really into the club scene (I have tried a couple of times). In my social group there aren't any other gay people so I'm going to have to push myself out of my comfort zone to get out there and meet new gay people and hopefully find a parter to share my life with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Even though this is my first post on this board, I just wanted to say these forums have been really helpful to me in getting this far and now I'm really looking forward to the future.

2. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out and welcome to EC!

3. JB75

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm right in the same place as you. I'm so relieved to finally be good with myself but I'm not quite sure what to do now.

4. sydneyguy83

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We've both taken some big steps, so we should be proud of what we've achieved so far :slight_smile: Things can only get better from here.

It's so helpful knowing there are other people going through the same thing, definitely makes it easier to get through this transition.