1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 month since I came out :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Sheep, May 4, 2012.

1. Sheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's been a month since I came out to my mom and dad as gay. I feel so much happier now and the stress is gone, even my school grades are rising. Back when I felt so scared to tell them I was attracted to other males, life was a pain in the butt. My dad had a slight idea, but my mom had none. April 4th, 2012, I finally came out through a letter (CHICKEN I know..). I was going out with my friends and I left a note on the counter when I left. Inside was just your average coming out letter. But I did put effort into it. Well, I just wanted to say, it's A LOT easier to come out than staying in the closet, even if you get no support at all. I know this thread is pretty pointless but hey, it's my first post haha.
    -Logan :smilewave

2. Sayu

Great! :slight_smile: How did they take it?

3. Pain

Pain Guest

Dude, you are not chicken for coming out with a letter! I'm glad you feel happy about it now :slight_smile: Wish my grades would've risen after that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Congrats! :icon_bigg:eusa_clap:thumbsup:

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forums, and I think that coming out with a letter is fine. The important thing is do come out how and when you feel safe to do so.

5. Sheep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dad reacted fine he said as long as I'm still myself and don't make it awkward, he'll always accept me. My mom on the other hand, is accepting but kind of seemed shocked.
    It's all good though!

6. Miranda

Hey, that's very nice! If you look through the topics, there are many who prefer coming out with a letter, the important thing is that you did it somehow. Also very happy that your parents are supportive! :icon_bigg If you have the spirit, it's much more easy and satisfactory to he out, though you may be subjected to bad reactions - so, keep going!

7. Fintan

Awesome man, congratulations =) You should feel brave too; wish I was that brave at 14!

8. Awesome! I'm happy for you :slight_smile:

9. flymetothemoon

Welcome to the forums! I wouldn't call this a pointless post at all. It's great to let people know how things are going for you since you came out to help them as they consider coming out and what the effects might be. It's so easy to think of the negative possibilities before coming out, but much harder to think of the positive when dealing with fear of peoples' reactions, so it's good to hear someone who had such positive effects!

10. NickD

I agree with flymetothemoon, absolutely nothing pointless about your post. Stories like yours bring so much hope to closeted people and those struggling to find a way to leave said closet. Congratulations, and may your next months continue to get better!

11. Lad123

Way to go! Coming out with a letter is not chicken at all, in fact it is very brave that you came out at all, and at age 14 too! You have serious guts ^^