1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just came out to my uncle, one step closer to telling Mom

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Atticus, May 13, 2012.

1. Atticus

Yesterday I thought it would be a great idea to ask my uncle if we could hang out and talk. I was all "oh shit I want to talk to you about something, maybe get some advice panic panic panic." We went for coffee this morning and I forced myself to spit it out pretty much as quickly as I could. He was super supportive and assured me that my mom (this is my mother's brother, not my paternal uncle) would be supportive too, even though it might take her a while to come to terms with my gender identity and she may never use my preferred name. I never told him about my sexuality, but that isn't the part I'm worried about. I'm mostly just worried about how gender. He's from New York and totally understands where I'm coming from and how I'm feeling. I went ahead and told him about my therapist's worries that I have some form of an anxiety disorder. He's a really great guy and it feels pretty neat to have someone in the family on my side. I think maybe instead of Massachusetts, my dog and I might be moving to New York, just to be closer to him.

I have a lot of feels right now.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Congratulations!