1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out To Some Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Thandrami, May 14, 2012.

1. Thandrami

I was on facebook talking to this guy (he is openly gay) and back in December he had asked me if I was gay but i lied and told him no. Well yesterday I manned up and told him that I had lied to him and told him the truth. He told me he knew I was but I just wasn't ready to come out yet. He then proceeded to give some advice about telling my first close friend.
    I took that advice and told my friend that i needed to talk to her. So a few hours later i got a phone call from her and I straight up told her. She thought I was joking at first but i reassured her that i wasn't. She then was like it makes perfect sense now! She apparently never connected the dots. So we started talking about another friends performance in a show and like an hour after i told her she stopped me mid sentence and was like I just realized you just told me you were gay! We both started laughing. She has treated me no differently and is very accepting. And i gotta say it feels SOOO good to tell people. I am already much happier just like the guy who i told first said i would.
    It was nerve racking but it is so worth it. Im planning on telling someone else whenever i can get ahold of her. :icon_bigg

2. Cloudbreaker

It's great to hear that everything went so well. Congratulations! But I'm curious, what was the advice he have you about telling your first close friend? (if you don't mind sharing)

3. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It sounds like you have some amazing friends. ^^

4. Thandrami

He said and I quote "Honestly, the only way to go about it is purely with a positive mind set. Don't be afraid of rejection because this is something you can't change and should be proud of."

5. Cloudbreaker

That is good advice. Thanks for sharing!

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I'm glad that it went so well!! The advice that you friend gave you is god advice. You have to go in with a positive mindset.