1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my (ex) Fiancee

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jinx, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My first post.

Well, I have been questioning my sexuality for a long time now. I've always known that I liked girls. One of my fondest memories from childhood was chasing a classmate around the playground in 4th grade trying to kiss her. :lol: When I was younger I didn't know what it meant to be Gay so I figured that I was suppose to love everyone. In 7th grade I learned what Homosexual and Bisexual were. Since I was never flat out told it was ok to love other girls, I figured I was Bisexual and would one day find the right guy and get married. In high school I was a leading member of our GSA and a PFLAG member. I had a loving gf for a year but we broke up when she told me she was transsexual and wanted to make the change single. I understood fully and am still great friends with him. I also dated a few guys. No one for long and no one I was very interested in. The summer after I graduated from high school I met a guy a few years older then me in a play we were in together. We started dating and after 5 months became engaged. It lasted 2 years and was a nasty break up. I was never too into him and he felt more for me then I felt for him. I was still so far in the closet I couldn't see it. Shortly after that I got together with another great guy. After a year we were engaged and moved in together. I knew this was the one. I still knew I was Bisexual but figured this was the right thing. My family knows (even though I never told them) that I was Bi because they knew I was with my gf. I knew my parents were happy when I told them I was getting married. Anywho, long story short, I came to terms with my sexuality a few weeks ago and broke down when I knew I would have to tell my fiancee. It was not the easiest thing I've done, but I did it. Laying in bed a few nights ago I just told him flat out how much I love him and because I love him so much I couldn't keep this from him. He hugged me. I was speechless. He said he loved me too and it was ok. He's here to support me. !!! I'm still living with him until I get can on my feet and find a place of my own. My parents know we have broken up but don't know why. I still haven't told them. I know they can't be too mad because they are very open, but it's still scary to tell them. I've told my two younger sisters who, in turn, came out as Bi to me. It felt good. So now three people know and I hope that I have what it takes to tell the rest of my family and everyone else. I must say, I am a MUCH happier person now that I have come out to myself. I feel like me now. I'm glad to have found this forum and plan on being around a lot!