1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to slow down with coming out (strange I know)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Charni, May 16, 2012.

1. Charni

Charni Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been telling very close friends I am actually a girl, but I am starting to tell peeople not so close. Oops. I really need to slow down in case I tell the wrong person and EVERYBODY knows. ANybody ever have this happen to them?

2. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This happened to me, I outed myself to the school accidentally because of telling the wrong person, oops. :icon_redf But good thing my school isn't homophobic. ^-^

Just be a bit more careful and watch who you tell. Props to you for telling who you've all ready told. It sounds like you're a really confident/brave person! ^^

3. birdsfly

Lol when I first came out (as bi, which I am sure I am probably going back to.. oh confused sexuality) I was standing outside of school waiting for my friends and they started taking and there were a bunch of people around and I was thinking about my sexuality and instead of saying "I'M LEAVING!" I ended up blurting out "I'm bi!" and they were like "what?!"

I also accidently outed myself when I was speaking to my aunts and they asked if I had a gf and I was like no, and then a bf, and I was like, oh not yet. They laughed, I barely noticed what I just said.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't had it happen to me, but I can tell you if it feels wrong then it is, there is no time limit on coming out. Go at your own pace.
    It'll happen when you're ready

5. julia

I'm still pretty much in the closet, so I've never done that but if it doesn't feel wrong to you, keep coming out! Nothing's wrong with people knowing who you really are.