1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my parents!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by brandyfan02, May 17, 2012.

1. brandyfan02

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know these threads may seem a dime a dozen, so I appreciate that you even clicked on mine. Everything you hear about doing it is true - I'm on such a high, I feel like I've lost 50 pounds off my chest - & none of the horrible fears I had, which I now see were unreasonable, came true. I just knew it was time - something came over me & I was done hiding it. Luckily, my parents were great about it... but even if yours aren't, if you're desperate enough, I can't see how coming out to them for yourself wouldn't lift your spirits.

For me, the biggest part of it all was that I had an emotional breakthrough. I've been on anti-depressants for four years. A side effect, for me at least, has been difficulty producing tears; in fact, I haven't cried once in four years... until today. You have no idea (well, unless you do!) how good it feels to relieve pressure that has built up in this way after not experiencing it for years. Something just came over me - a good something - &, quite honestly, I felt real emotion for the first time since I can remember. Many of you will understand when I say: (!)

I feel like today is the day my life begins because I am finally living it as ME. If this all sounds cliche & you don't think it can happen for you, but deep down you wish it would, I was you - 2 weeks ago! I have to thank EC & those of you who have offered me advice, words of encouragement... anything, really, to make me feel like I'm not alone because it's truly amazing the joy that feeling can bring. :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Congratulations, good to hear it went so well!

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc congrats! your life is only starting now :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

5. Fisnou

Wooh! Congrats! :thumbsup: I know the feeling - I came out to my parents only 2 weeks ago and they didn't take it badly at all! I've been feeling a lot better ever since. I can now have a normal and honest relationship with them. I don't have to hide who I am anymore, it's great!

6. RebelD

Congrats dude! Glad things went well. :thumbsup:

7. unknownerror

I understand what you're going through...I took anti-depressants for years and took myself off of them because I couldn't feel anything. After about a year I went back on them...a year later back off and I havent taken them for 5 years now and have been able to cope...Coming out to myself and then others has certainly made it easier :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it went so well for you :slight_smile:

8. JonSomeone21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations, man. I'm glad that you've had a positive experience. (!)

9. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Yay you !!! im so proud

10. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Sounds amazing.

11. Lad123

Congratulations! I know the feeling of (!) I came out to my sister last October and it felt great!

12. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's so good to hear that everything went well and you're feeling good!