1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im finally going to do it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JGreene, May 18, 2012.

1. JGreene

i should start by giving some information. i am a 21 year old gay man in a straight relationship. ive always know that i was attracted to men but was never able to come to terms with it. i minimalized the gravity that sexuality has on the development of relationships and myself and rationalized my sexuality as not being important in the relationship process. that being said because of my self-oppression and an incident that damaged me from childhood my girlfriend forced me to get counseling for depression, anxiety and guilt. well i guess it was the best thing to happen because after the first session the next i told her i was gay and about the incident as a child. now i have had an epiphany. im ready to come out to my girlfriend and to my family and friends. i accept my homosexualty as a part of me and not a choice i can make. its just i tend to have codependent tendicies and a huge irrational fear of what telling her may do to me. i guess it just feels good to finally be a little honest with myself

2. julia

That's so fantastic, and such a huge step! Dont forget to tell us how everything goes! :slight_smile:

3. NemesisPrime

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck pal! I'll be rooting for ya in spirit!

4. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you all the best of luck. I know something like this isn't easy. Just remember to tell her that she is not at fault. Some woman are very sensitive to things like this. So break the news slowly and very delicately.

5. JonSomeone21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good luck! I wish you the very best.

6. unknownerror

good luck! you can do it :slight_smile: