1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never thought I'd be posting here...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bolin, May 19, 2012.

1. Bolin

...but I came out to a person tonight. x____x Granted it's someone I met over the internet, but it still counts in my book because I led this person to believe that I was straight for the past 4 years or so. =P

Anyway, one of my friends, who lives in Portugal, opened up chat with me tonight on Facebook because he said he couldn't sleep and wanted to play his violin, so we talked a good bit. We met on YouTube about 3 or 4 years ago and have been good friends ever since. He is also gay. Well, anyway, we were talking, and we were talking about a certain conductor of an ensemble, and I kinda accidentally commented on how he was cute when he was younger, to which he agreed. And I was completely oblivious as to what I had just done and started talking about how man crazy I've been recently, what with all my crushes on straight guys and stuff, and we were talking normally. It kinda shifted into talking about how there are almost no gay guys in my area, and how I wished I lived in Europe where it seems generally more accepted than in the southern United States...

...Then he mentioned that he remembers asking me if I was gay once, and when I denied, he said that he knew I was lying and that he was a little hurt I didn't tell the truth. Then it dawned on me that I had just clumsily and obliviously came out to someone without even knowing it. :eusa_doh: But I decided to make the best of the situation and apologized for not telling him sooner (because I do actually trust him), and he's cool with it.

.....so, yeah...told my first person. xD I know some people don't count internet friends, but I count it, especially since it's a person I led on to believe that I was straight for years...so...yay me. xD

2. Maialuna

Congratulations on telling someone, even if it wasn't on purpose!

3. Ianthe

Ha, that's awesome, and kind of funny! You must have forgotten, momentarily, that he didn't know. And on some level, you must have been ready for him to know, or you would never have forgotten, even for a second.

Congratulations! It's so wonderful to have friends that know the real you.

4. BleedToLoveHer

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow, congratulations! Is it because you live in the Southern states that you've never told anyone before? Do you think you'll tell more people now that you know how it feels for one person to know?

That reason I ask is because I come from a town where NO ONE was gay. Everyone knows everyone, population of 1100. I lived there for 17 years and didn't THINK about coming out for a second because no one else was like me. It sucked.

5. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Congrats! Telling even just one person does a world of good.

6. timo

Congrats! I remember how I felt after coming out for the first time... even if it wasn't on purpose it must be such a relief :icon_bigg

7. RealityCheck

Woohoo! I'm sure you feel like a weight is lifted because now you can be open with someone. Congrats!

8. piratealisonnn

Congrats!! I find it's easier to tell my gay friends bc they're soo much more understanding of where I'm at.

9. Lad123

Congratulations :slight_smile: