1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So now my best friend knows

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by timo, May 20, 2012.

1. timo

Let me start with a banana! (!)

Last night I came out to my best friend :icon_bigg What I've learnt last night is that making a 'script' about what you're going to say does not work. In my mind I planned how I wanted the conversation to go (or at least to start), but it turned out COMPLETELY different.

Anyway back to coming out. At one point I was like "hey are you up for a serious conversation" cause it was the ONLY WAY to get it to this subject... and then told him I like guys. And that it was kind of random but that I planned to tell him last night. He was, as I expected, perfectly fine with it :icon_bigg Of course some questioned followed, like if I told my parents yet (nope I haven't), and he said it was 'brave' (oh this is hard to translate from dutch haha) to be able to talk about this. SO yeah last night was a great night already, but his response made it an epic night :grin:

Another lesson learnt: I tend to make a really big deal out if this while apparently it's no problem at all :icon_bigg And that straight guy friends aren't that hard to come out to :grin:

2. Lewis

Congratulations! :slight_smile: I really need to tell my best-friend, but I'm not sure what the reaction will be. I really don't want him to be different with me...

3. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Congratulations!

4. RebelD

Geluk! Glad it went well. Also planning on telling my best friend soon. :slight_smile:

5. Fisnou

Cool! Congrats! :thumbsup:
    I agree with you - the conversation never turns out how you expected it.
    I was thinking of coming out to a close friend this morning but didn't find the courage :icon_redf Next time may be...

6. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats... hope the rest of the coming out process is as smooth as it is now!

7. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay congratulations! :grin:

8. timo

Thanks everyone :icon_bigg

That's what I was scared of too but I was all wrong. Well it was only yesterday so I can't be sure but let me give an example what makes me think it hasn't changed. He lives in another city and sometimes sleeps at my place after we go out, so yesterday I asked him (in a joking way) if he still dared to sleep at my place now that he knows I'm gay. But he said he doesn't mind so I guess he feels no different :grin:

Do you know how your best friend feels about LGBT people? If he is open and accepting in general and knows you don't have a crush on him (I assume you don't?) I don't think things will be different between you two :slight_smile:

9. Insomniac

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    No one is difficult to come out to if you're confident enough :wink: Congrats :slight_smile: