1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my parents

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jinx, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, I figured that if I knew my parents they would love me no matter what. So this evening my parents and I were in the car when i started up a conversation about Homosexuality. I was talking about how I think it's wrong same sex couples can't get married and they agreed. So I told them that I was Gay and wanted to get married someday. I kinda said it all in one breath then kept on talking hoping they heard what I had said. They asked me what I said so I said, "I am Gay". They both said, "Cool" and kept on talking. I asked what they thought about it and they said they loved me as they always did and I was no diffrent. Nothing had changed. I was asked if I was happy and I said yes. They told me that's all that matters. So, it's kind of a non-issue. I told them they did a great job of raising me and my siblings in a loving environment where we learned to accept all people. And because of that I wasn't scared when I knew I liked women. My dad started joking saying I needed to watch the L word and pointed out that me and my ex living together is like Will and Grace. I'm glad they took it so well. It's like it really just didn't matter. They love me and that's what's important.

I'm SO glad I got it off my chest. I'm glad they now know. It's no longer odd and I won't have to hear any questions about future boy friends. My family is very supportive and I've glad that I can now share my life with them fully.

2. s5m1

Congratulations! That is great news.

3. pirateninja

Congrats! I'm glad they took it so well!

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The perfect coming out! Someday I hope its as easy for everyone!! Congratulations!

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Congratulations Jinx. I'm really pleased it went so well, and I completely agree with Becky.

I wonder if they had already guessed and discussed it between themselves, so were just waiting for the news? It could be interesting to ask whether they had any ideas about this when you're chatting to them sometime.

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

wow, yes how perfect! congratulations!

7. Jim1454

Hooray! That's great news!

8. ccdd

ccdd Guest

That's brilliant!! And I'm glad they took it so well, and that it's not an issue or anything - so cool!! Congratulations!

9. biisme

that's great!!!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you. you're parents sound great. :slight_smile:

10. IHeartDisney

IHeartDisney Guest

That is so hot! Congrats!

11. Wired106

Wow congrats Jinx!! your so lucky.

12. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is absolutley fantastic! Lots of people could learn from your parents.