1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 2: When coming out becomes banal.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by DanA, May 26, 2012.

1. DanA

Hey sports fans, so you read the threads, here's a follow up.

I pretty much lost count as to who I came out to now (parents are next on the list... just gotta work up the courage). This thing just blew up and I couldn't be happier... and you know what gave me the push? All of you people with your stories and whatnots. I can't thank you all enough. This site is wonderful, when I start teaching in the fall, I might be recommending students who have issues identifying themselves to come here. Might work EC into a tattoo in the future (taking ideas, bee tee dubs)

So the story continues:

I met up with my ex girlfriend today and we got ice cream and talked. We're both still upset at the situation, as one would expect, but we're both moving along swimmingly with our newly defined relationship. There are no hard feelings. I told a whole shit ton of people today, just on the phone, driving to apartments and houses all day. Told some co-workers, told some old college buddies, told lots of close friends. I got the same response each time.

"I know anybody can be gay, but I had no idea."

Yeah, I'm that good. :sunglasses:(!!)

It's just been an avalanche of support from totally cool people... I lucked the fuck out with picking friends. I love all those people so much right now.

I did so much coming out it's become, like, passé for me now. That is a very good feeling. I'm totally counting my blessings that the support from friends and just a totally supportive ex-girlfriend has made this process so natural to me now.

Also, a lot of people want to know if I have a crush or, like, somebody in mind yet too... like, I seriously just finished torturing myself daily for 10 years yesterday! I need a little time to test the waters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh, and one more thing, I can only speak from my personal experience but it is so much easier coming out to women than men with this... cept like %90 of my friends are straight guys so I got used to it quick.

I'M ON A GRAVY TRAIN WITH BISCUIT WHEELS!!!!!!!!

2. SkyDiver

That is awesome! Congratulations on the great reactions and the awesome friends! (&&&) (!) (!!) :newcolor: :thewave:

3. DanA

Thanks!! (*hug*)

But now comes the part that kinda scares me... dating. I mean, I'm going to get fit again, workout, lose some of this holiday fat, let the water settle a bit... then, I'm on the market! I don't know what to do but figuring out is part of the fun, right?

Sex kinda scares me too since I haven't seriously had intercourse with a man yet, but I'm told practice is the funnest part. :wink:

Oh, and I know to be safe, wear protection, take extra precautions, NEVER hook up with somebody while your inhibitions are lowered, don't do anything I'm not ready for.

*stretches out arms and puts hands behind head*

I think I'm going to like this.

#3 DanA, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  4. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations! You're lucky to have such awesome friends. I just wanted to comment on this here:

This completely terrifies me too, so I'm glad I'm not the only one. I don't even know how to ask a guy out, let alone act during the date.

5. Insomniac

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    ooooo here's my favorite storyteller of the month ! (!)
    Congrats ! I love the path you're running in. :eusa_danc
    I'm sure you'll have the courage for coming out to your parents soon. Like when you came out to your ex-girlfriend and other friends you lost count. And your fear about relationship and sex is pretty normal as you haven't experienced it yet.
    Good Luck big man :thumbsup:

6. cscipio

Congrats DanA - hope you stick around the forum to help spread the courage to others.

7. secretguyX

Congratulations! And I love how you're so excited for your future of coming out and relationships! (!) :thumbsup:

8. DanA

Oh my yes! :thumbsup:

To all those who aren't out, it's totally so not as bad as you think it is. There is a great resource about it that kinda helped me finally make the decision to come out. Here, I'll post a link:

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_245_-_todd_glass

Give it a listen, see how you feel afterwards.