1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mother said...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jinx, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So if you read my last post here you know I just came out to my parents the other day. They both were cool and like, whatever you haven't changed any. :icon_bigg Anywho, last night I was in the car with my sisters, mom, and dad. We were talking about how it's not a good idea to tell my grandmothers who live in Texas. My mom said that when I am with someone and if they ask if I'm dating she will be like, "Yup, her name is..." and just not care. She said she didn't understand why Gay people had to come out and announce they are Gay. I told her it's because you're born with parents who assume you're going to be straight and get married and have a family of your own someday. When you realize that you are Gay you feel like you're kinda living a lie and want to come out so you feel like you aren't in that lie any more. My mother said," I understand that, but I just don't see why parents must assume their child will be straight. Why not just assume that someday they will fall in love with the right person at the right time and not ever assume they're going to be one gender or the other. With all of you guys I just always assumed you would love who you wanted to love. I never figured you'd be straight or whatever. The world would be a much better place if more people thought this way." I couldn't help but beam. Well said mom! :eusa_clap

2. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I completely agree with her. The world WOULD be a much better place... And congrats for having such awesome parents. Lucky. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. That's so awesome. That sounds like my mom when I told her. She was just like I just always figured you and your sister would fall in love with who you do regardless of gender. Yay for moms:eusa_clap

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's the kind of attitude all parents should have.

5. Hollywood

your mom or becky should adopt me, i've decided. :wink:

6. Alex89

Tell your mum she's the most AWESOME mum on the face of the earth! Along with Becky and my mum, of course. =D

7. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

cool that your parents accept you

8. panda

What an Amazing Mom!!!With a Mom like that you must be pretty amazing yourself.!!!

9. STK

STK Guest

That's such an awesome and true thing she said. I wish more people would think like that.

10. Psychedelic Bookmarks

your mum is great. i have a friend like that... she says she's "bisexual until proven otherwise", and won't rule anyone out. congrats. :grin:

11. biisme

you have great parents.

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

This is absolutely fantastic - I am so happy for you!! I wish all parents were like that. I really agree with the not-assuming-your-child-is-straight: if I ever have children, they are going to know, from even before they can talk, that one day they might fall in love with someone of their own sex, or the other, or a transgendered person, or whoever, or first one, then another, and that it's ALL GOOD. I am so happy that you have such brilliant and educated parents, who understand. And congrats!!

13. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm moving in with your family. :grin:

14. chrisb

I love youre mother she is awesome!!!

15. smartguy