1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to wife

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by PianoNate, Jun 3, 2012.

1. PianoNate

Well, it's been about a week now. I finally, midst many tears, told my wife that I'm gay and not gonna change. Surprisingly, she didn't kick me out and we've continued to talk about it off and on since then. Her immediate reaction was that she "guesses she's always known or suspected." But that we need to think about the kids and how we move forward from here.

It was incredibly freeing to be able to talk about it with her. And I'm so glad I was able to do it finally. The future is still uncertain, of course, but when isn't it?

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support!

2. secretguyX

That's extremely amazing! I'm really proud and impressed that you had the courage to tell her something this big. Congrats! :eusa_clap

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nate, this is just wonderful news. I'm sure you'll have some bumps to overcome, but the hardest part is taking the first steps so congrats on that.

Expect there will be some anger at some point, as part of the 5 stages she needs to work through... but it sounds like you're both communicating well and that's really important. Please keep us in the loop about how things are going!

4. 55

Congratulations! That's huge!! Communication is key right now! Talk and listen.

5. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your valor is extremely inspiring. Congrats!

6. vpl748

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I applaud you for your courage and I wish you happiness. I am still in the closet at the age of 54, married 30 years and as you know, it is incredibly destructive. I have just joined this site and to learn and grow.

7. 55

Sorry to sidetrack this thread, but, when you're comfortable starting a thread, I'd love to read your story, vpl748, because it sounds very much like mine.

8. vpl748

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    55butnotalive

Thanks for your interest, my story is long and convoluted to be sure but I feel like I am close to confessing to my wife (and to the world) about who I really am. Having been in the closet for so long has been destructive to my pysche and is certainly one of the reasons I never reached my potential.
    I joined this sight to meet and learn from others and perhaps seek moral support to do what I know must be done. Otherwise, the remainder of my life will be a miserable existence filled with loathing and self-hatred.
    Jeremiah

9. KneeDragger

I'm late to the party, but congrats from yet another formerly married guy!

10. peanutbutter

Wow! I pray everything works out well and that your family continues to prosper. you did, what I wish so many people would do, to be honest with themselves and their spouses. Congrats on the first two steps, honest to your self, and then your wife and children. You are a great dad! I can tell!:thumbsup: