1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by curiouskid, Jun 6, 2012.

1. curiouskid

I did it :icon_bigg

I told my gay friend that I was bi. I was a mess for 24 hours freaking out, but literally 10 minutes ago I told her. Of course she accepted me :slight_smile: and she named three other openly-lesbian people who i know who would support me (they're all 2 years older than me so I didn't know about their gay status). I feel so much better now :slight_smile:

I'm seriously on a high from telling her. She's the only one who knows, and I want to keep it like that... at least for a little bit until I'm more sure about the fact... but still I have taken my first step out of narnia... *waves goodbye to the magical land* (!)

2. secretguyX

That's amazing, congratulations! (!) Bye Narnia! :smilewave

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yay. Congrats

I give you THE DANCING BANANA PARADE !!!!!

(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)​

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats!! (!)(!)

5. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you, congrats.

6. curiouskid

Thanks guys :slight_smile: and I just told my closest cousin. She didn't believe me entirely, with the whole age thing, but she accepted me just the same and kept on like nothing changed, which nothing did of course :slight_smile: 2 people in one day!

7. Tycho

Congrats and good to hear it is being recieved well.
    :slight_smile:

8. Nadski

Nadski Guest

congrats! :slight_smile: I'm so happy for you!!!

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! Congrats! I'm happy for you and I'm sure you feel so much better now! :grin:

10. eveninghush

Well done! Just keep on going, the narnia thing made me laugh :slight_smile:

11. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! It is always hard to take the first step on your way out of the closet.

12. Snowy song

Hey there, congratulations! That's super big, exciting news. I hope the awesome high feeling doesn't wear off too soon. It's fun right after you come out, I know. I hope the person you told gave you a hug. If not, then I'm giving you a virtual one right now(*hug*). Were you super nervous?

13. curiouskid

Thanks everyone, your support is amazing! It means the world to me :slight_smile:

Yeah, I was having anxiety attack pretty much the whole day leading up to it.. so nervous doesn't begin to cover it.... But I'm all good now. Seriously, I'm the happiest I've been in years :slight_smile:

Actually, I wanted to ask people's opinions... I really want to tell my family, at the very least my mom and brother, but I'm not sure how the best way to do that would be... I don't talk to my family for anything personal. Ever.

Also, school is done for me in a week. Part of me wants to tell people before the years over, part of me doesn't. Even just telling the rest of my friends. I feel as if some of them won't accept me because they're homophobic, and I don't want to tell them because of it. But I also don't want to keep living a lie with them. Besides, if they end up not wanting anything to do with me, I would rather know now and spend summer/beginning of next school year making new and REAL friends than keep lying to them... Suggestions please?

14. Ianthe

Hmm. Well, you are now connected to a gay friendship group, so you'll have that even if your other friends don't accept you.

So, I say go for it.

What will probably happen is that most of them will accept you right away, and the rest will come around once they've had time to get used to the idea.

Regarding your family, is there any reason to think they will respond badly?

15. curiouskid

No I really don't think they'll respond badly. We're catholic, but I have never noticed any sort of hostility towards gays or anybody else. Besides, I've thought long and hard about my views on my religion in relation to my being bi, so I'm fairly certain they can come to the same conclusion I have about it. I guess my biggest problem is working up the courage to tell people... especially them.

Well tonight I have basketball practice for my high school... so maybe I'll work up the courage to tell a few people, even if not everybody... we'll see I guess

16. Jad

Jad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am terrible at working up the courage so usually just think how good it will be to not have to lie and that in reality my sexuality means a lot more to me than them so it probably won't bother them.
    Best of luck tonight at basketball and keep us updated!

17. julia

Yay!! Congrats :slight_smile:

18. Snowy song

Hmmm...that's a tricky one. If you come out to your friends before the summer (now), they'll have time to think it over. Sometimes people need time to get used to stuff that's pretty foreign to them. If you tell them now, they have the whole summer to mull it over, get used to it, and decide whether or not they're cool with it. If they're not...well...we live in a big world and there are lots of people. I don't know exactly what your school is like, but I don't see any point in being friends with people who don't accept you. We don't get to pick our family, but we do pick our friends. So why not pick the deserving ones?

19. curiouskid

Hey everyone :slight_smile: So I chickened out at bball practice yesterday... but on the bright side, I told my 3 best friends today at school :slight_smile:

The one was a guy... he was really awkward about it, but he's just an awkward guy in general. He seems okay with it, it just may take him some time to get used to it, which I totally respect.

The two girls I told (call them K and M) went better, something along the lines of this:
    ME: (after giving a long intro)... I'm bisexual.
    K: ...and?
    ME: *shrug* I just wanted to tell you...
    K: Well you know I don't care! My sister is gay and engaged, my uncles are married with three gay kids. You know I don't care in the slightest.
    M: Besides we all love the same God.

They are my besties and I will love them forever! :slight_smile:

My other friends still don't know... I want to tell them but two of them are the homophobic ones... so we'll see if I work up the courage to tell them before school gets out.

On the other hand, tomorrow I am telling at least 3 more people from my orchestra. I already told them I need to talk to them, so unfortunately I can't get out of it.

But yeah, I just wanted to tell you all :slight_smile:

EDIT: OH! and I forgot to tell you guys... 3 more people know because I let my gay friend tell her other lesbian friends. I would've told them but they weren't at school today so she told them for me :slight_smile:

#19 curiouskid, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  20. Snowy song

Hey curiouskid - that's totally awesome. This is going pretty fast for you, right? hmm, I think that's one of my new favorite coming out responses : "Besides we all love the same God." You have super cool friends. Tell us how it goes with your orchestra buddies.