1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to come out... Again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by MrHojalata98, Jun 6, 2012.

1. MrHojalata98

I'm a coward. I seriously am, you know considering that I already came out to one person you would think it would become easier but it didn't. If you read my last post you saw I made a thread the minute I was coming out, and I'm doing it again. Because knowing that I can't chicken out because I told you guys I'm doing it really helped me last time. You see this time I'm coming out to another close friend, the bad thing is that with her I'm never serious. So I have no idea how to bring it up and have her believe ne. Can someone please help me, I'm kind of scared :/

2. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

Just tell her, if she thinks your joking and laughs, then tell her nicely that your being serious. It's that simple.

3. csocm

i am the same way, the two people i came out to i am usually joking around with. For the first one, i had earlier in the day texted her asking about when she would be free because i wanted to talk (text). For the second one we were in the middle of like a heart to heart and in my mind I was like "why not tell her now". Thats what I did but, like TeeJay said, tell her that you are being serious if she thinks your kidding.

4. DanA

Just jump in with both feet! The water feels great!

And you know what you have to look forward too? I just experienced this... I dreamt about a guy I like and it was a romantic dream. We were cuddling, I was kissing his neck and his shoulders.... a cute dream. Then I woke up... and I DIDN'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!

That's what you have to look forward too... freedom, brother. Freedom from yourself.

Stay strong, best of luck!

5. Snowy song

When I came out the first few times, I was hysterically shaking, almost crying, and squeaked it out - but they believed me. So, I don't know how you're feeling about coming out, but when you sound terrified, people tend to believe you. On second thought, I hope you're a bit more confident than I was, so maybe I won't recommend acting terrified. One thing that's worked for me is to tell people a little bit in advance, "I have something important I need to talk to you about. Maybe we can talk tomorrow. Gotta go now." And then the next day, they are expecting something, so they might even ask, "so, what is it you need to talk about?" That makes it easier, rather than having to awkwardly start the conversation yourself. Also, if you give people a day or two of notice, they are more likely to believe that you're not just making it up to be funny. I hope that helped. Good luck! You can do it.