1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushes on Older women

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LisforLisa, Jun 9, 2012.

1. LisforLisa

So in middle school I pretty much discovered I was a lesbian One of the worst things I did was I got a ginormous crush on this police officer. I pretty much threatened to bring a gun or drugs to school to get arrested by her. I told the counselor and she pretty much banned her from coming to the school. Then we got a new school resource officer but he was a male. Then I came out to everyone on facebook and my parents. I graduated middle school this year so. Now I have to tell everyone that I'm gay again. The only problem is at the high school they also have a sro she's female. I feel like I'm going to be imagining that she's the police officer at my middle school. I still really like this police officer I'm going to be 15 this year so maybe I can wait till I'm 18 to date her if she's also gay. The other problem is the high school I go to has kids from a really conservative area . A lot of gay kids are bullied and I don't want that to happen to me.

2. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmm- I'm not sure what an sro is. But that's beside the point. There's a lot going on here. Let me list what I think it is you're trying to deal with:
    1) You're starting high school and you need to come out again
    2) Your high school isn't super gay friendly
    3) Your sro might remind you of the police officer
    Alright, so let's go through all of this. First, I'm guessing the police officer was like in her late twenties, or thirties? I know it's easier said than done, but try to get over her. You're young, you don't want to be involved in a huge mess (you're a minor) right now that you can't handle. I don't think just because your sro is a female you're going to have a crush on her- again, just try not to get involved in all of that.
    Moving onto high school-- you mentioned that a lot of gay kids are bullied. If there's a GSA or something, could you maybe join that? If you're going to be completely out, then that bullying might be something you have to put up with (it sucks, but that's the way some schools are). How bad is the bullying there? Like do you know people who go to that school?

---------- Post added 9th Jun 2012 at 12:46 PM ----------

Also maybe you want to move this thread to be in the Support/Advice section instead--- you might find that more helpful.

3. Sayu

I can totally understand your feelings (those about older women :icon_wink). If you don't want to come out, you don't have to. Especially when you say there are a lot of bullied gay students at that school. You can tell some people, e.g. your new friends, but you don't necessarily have to tell everybody :slight_smile:

4. LisforLisa

The bullying's not that bad the only bad thing is. Gay guys get bullied the most they get called f*** and all those other homophobic names. The lesbians don't get bullied as much from what I heard. I just know that a few guys at the school always threaten to rape the lesbians. We do have a gsa which I am going to join. I hope I can get over her but seeing other cops just reminds me of her. By the way how do I move threads?

5. Ianthe

That is very significant bullying.

So-called "corrective rape" is something that people sometimes actually do to lesbians, and threats of it should be treated seriously.

6. LisforLisa

The guys who threatened it got arrested last year. It repeats itself every year I'm not trying to be stereotypical but it's mostly the jocks. They just like to harass the lesbians and the gay guys.

7. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Whoa that is most definitely not okay! Even if it was a joke that's not acceptable in any way. If people are really being harassed, then they should be reported (although I'm not sure if that's effective in your school, some schools take it more seriously than others).

8. LisforLisa

The guy who threatened it last year was arrested and went to another school. If it's a jock on the football team they just give a warning and a suspension.