1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friendly straight guys are such a pain on the @$$!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Towards Zero, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Towards Zero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    so I was friend with this guy(*hug*), for a little less than an year, when out of the blue he asks if I am gay....he seemed so accepting and understanding at first....but soon after things started to change. Partly it is my fault because I certainly developed a crush on him :icon_redf, I couldn't help it, he was the first person I'd ever feel comfortable with, he seemed so normal, didn't freak out at my queerness:eusa_danc, I felt so well being around him that I became addicted to his company. I wanted to be with him all the time, do everything with him, because as soon as he was away, my dull and lonely life, full of fake people came back:bang:... I believe this was our downfall, I think he was aware of my feelings for him, and started to act ruthlessly and harsh. He still wanted to be freidns with me, yet he couldn't stand my queerness any more.... I tried to fix the relationship for long time, ignoring my feelings for him and trying to be the friend I've always been .... but it never was the same. I became tired, and decided to stop being friends with him....it's been 3 months, I haven't been able to connect with anybody else, I've lost my faith in people... i don't want to feel like that ever again. He broke my heart,:tears: yet I know it isn't his fault, but it certainly isn't mine either:eusa_naug... it just the way things turned out. One can't chose who to love, it just happened naturally, I felt happy and safe on his company, but it became too overwhelming for him... I've decided to just AVOID straight guys, for good. What do you guys think?

#1 Towards Zero, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

If you live in an area where you can hang around your gay friends and associates only, then go for it. Being on guard all the time is annoying. If you can avoid being friends with straight guys because maintaining relationships with them are difficult for you, then have it. Hell, I wish I could do the same thing. Being around really awesome straight girls all the time is not fun when I have to remind myself not to get too attached to them in that way because I know it will only make them uncomfortable and make everything unpleasantly awkward. It also gets depressing to do that, disparaging more like. The only reason I don't just stop hanging around straight girls is because if I did there would be no girls to hang around. I don't know any lesbians. My only two gay friends are older than me and they're guys. Not many notes we have to compare there, so I'm always the odd one out in some ways. I love them, but it would be great to hang out with some lesbians around my age instead of just my two gay friends or awesome straight girls who I have to constantly be on guard with. It can be really frustrating.

---------- Post added 15th Jun 2012 at 06:46 PM ----------

And I'm sorry things didn't work out with the guy, you two being friends and all. Sucks when stuff like that happens. (*hug*)

3. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I think your crazy... You can't just avoid str8 guys. There EVERYWHERE!!!! But you can sit back and enjoy looking at them..... ahhhhh...:icon_bigg Oh, that's right, we're here about you not me. Falling in love is normal especially with your best friend. I think staying away from him is wrong as well. I think you two need to sit down and talk about things and throw all the stereotype bullshit about what guys talk about out the window. Talk about your feelings, cry, hug, there isn't anything wrong with that. But its that macho stereotype that makes people think there is. If he is really your friend then he'll understand why you need this talk. Your going to have this problem with str8 guys and gay guys all your life, however, the older you get the easier it will get. I'm guessing you are still fairly young... and a young heart is easily broken. You just have to understand that he is off limits and give him that respect. He has boundaries and you need to follow them. The same thing could happen with a gay person, your using the fact that he is str8 as an excuse. Just like many use the excuse about people being gay.

I also loved your use of all the smiley faces, they really worked well with your story.

#3 TeeJay, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Towards Zero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He didn't like talking about those type of things:confused:... I mean, i think he tried to listen and all, but I felt he always looked for the chance to talk about something else or to walk away:icon_sad:... I must accept I became very emotional when talking about my problems ...I let it all out without really measuring what I was saying... I told him how hurtful homophobic behaviour felt and how I was never sure if other people truly appreciated me...I told him the only person person who was actually "real" with me was him (which is sadly...to this day, true)....... I was trying so hard to make him like me, to make him LOVE me, I felt I needed his presence in my life forever.... but all my efforts ended up scaring him away... WHY COULDN'T HE JUST LOVE ME?!!:tantrum: Why Does GENDER have to be SUCH a big deal??!! It's sooo frustating!!! I know all the answers to these questions... just it still seems unfair, why do I have to suffer so much in life? :tears:

5. Brenny

I was in a similar situation. The difference is a) I never even slightly expected this guy to like me that way and b) I don't think I perceived that I actually had strong feelings for him. I knew I was too attached, I mean really, I felt like I depended on him for my happiness and I couldn't live without him. But the thing is, we parted ways and I believe it was for similar reasons that you and your friend did. It just couldn't work. It hurt like hell but I knew that this was the best thing for us.

I know it sucks but give it time. You will move on and just try to be open to those who may walk into your life. You never know. I NEVER expected him or some of my other close friends to be so important to me. I met them and just thought there was no way we could. We didn't last but had I controlled my feelings, maybe. Either way, I have made a few close friends who I never expected to become so important. Keep an open mind and an open heart. :slight_smile:

6. Level75

You know, what you guys are saying about your feelings for straight best friends sounds a lot like what I went through in high school and early college. He became one of my overwhelming obsessions at the time and I pretty much felt like crap whenever I would go for long stretches without talking to him. In fact, for a while, I knew the way I was approaching this was unhealthy and would ultimately lead nowhere. I didn't care though because I just liked being with him too much.

Can't say exactly when that changed though. I'd say these days we're just really good friends who have some bizarre and maybe even a creepy history on my end. We still make sure to catch up when we can though. In a weird way, that actually romanticized him more in one way. Now I find myself thinking that he must really be something to have put up with my compulsive fawning all these years. I feel embarrassed when I reflect on it now.

Not going to lie though, I kind of miss having that kind of intense feelings for someone. Haven't felt it for anyone since.

7. baklangpinoy26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i actually prefer the company of straight guys haha, i just know whatever comes out of it it'll be nothing more than friends relationship-wise, it does suck when u click with him on so many levels but the only problem is that he's straight haha, i'd make a horrible boyfriend anyways because im a weirdo that likes being alone