1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I actually came out to someone?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lark, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Lark

Lark Guest

Wow. I'm feel like I'm floating on air right now. Here's the low-down:

Basically, I went to a lunch party for my best friend's parent's anniversary. I've known my friend for my entire life, and we know everything about each other (well, we do now). Recently, I've been finding it more and more difficult to hide my sexuality from her, as she is probably the most important person in my life right now after my family.

So I was sitting opposite her at this party, and feeling bad that I hadn't told her yet. Suddenly, a part of my brain just says 'So why don't you come out to her? Now.' When the idea got into my head, it wouldn't go away, and so I decided that today was the right day, and I was gonna take the plunge.

After the party, my parents let me stay at her house for the rest of the afternoon. We went up to her room, and listened to music whilst chatting aimlessly. Every time a song came around, I would say to myself, 'Next song, you're gonna tell her.' This kept happenening, and I got more and more wound up until I was sure that she was beginning to suspect something was wrong. I even opened and closed my mouth a few times like a retarded fish, but I was way too scared.

Suddenly, I suprise myself by blurting out, '*friendsname*Ineedtotellyousomething.' I suddenly felt terrified, and when she turned round to look at me, I started tearing up. I honestly thought I was gonna cry. She grabbed my hand, and said 'What's wrong?'

'W-...Well, um...you....you know how you're always saying that you and *other friend* and me are like the Unholy Trinity? And how I'm the Santana? Well...I think me and Santana have a little more in common then you think. I...I...I think I'm gay.'

Basically, she was her usual, awesome supportive self and said that she would never ever judge me because of that. We then went on to talk about my friend being outed and homophobia and life in general. It was possibly the most stressful and the most awesomest moment of my life.

Sorry for publishing a book on this, I'm just really happy for once :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. Andane

Haha, congratulations :grin: Coming out for the first time is such a nerve-wracking, yet incredibly enlightening experience. And your friend seems like she took it really well, so that's good. Well, it gets a bit easier from here on out, and you have her support too. So good luck, and congrats on taking that monumental first step :icon_bigg

3. CrucioPureblood

Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm glad that you finally had the courage to tell her (*hug*) it's always good to just come out and not have to worry anymore. Andane is right, it does get easier from now on, especially when you have people who know, and who love and support you no matter what. Congrats!!

Oh, and loving the glee reference, btw(!)

4. julia

That's really, really great! Glad your best friend is so supportive (*hug*) And that is such a fantastic way to come out omg.

5. Sayu

Wow, congrats! I am so happy for you, this story made me smile :slight_smile:

6. Lark

Lark Guest

Thanks guys. My friend's the one who got me into Glee in the first place, so I thought it was appropriate, lol. And yeah, it was totally nerve-wracking, but I'm soo happy :grin: :grin: :grin:

7. Silver Sparrow

Congratulations !!!!