1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told another friend!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Lewis, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Lewis

Okay so, I'd had a little to drink and thought :***: it. Probably not the best idea, but it got the job done! I told a bi friend of mine that I'm gay after getting him to guess everything possible thing it could be! I'm pretty surprised because it seems pretty obvious to me.

It went a little like this, 'It's probably a long shot, but are you gay or something?' which I just bluntly replied with yes. He was obviously really supportive and promised he wouldn't mention it to anybody else and also said if I had any questions that he'd be happy to answer them.

I never EVER thought I'd be posting in this section, but from now on, slowly and surely, I'm hoping that I can be a little more regular when it comes to posting here myself! :slight_smile: I actually haven't known this guy long, but for some reason I trusted him. I hope I made the right decision! :slight_smile:

2. Sayu

Congratulations! :slight_smile: Glad it went so good! :icon_wink

3. timo

Congrats!! The "blurting out after drinking" sounds so familiar :grin:

4. Lewis

Thanks. Now I'm sober I'm starting to think it was a colossal mistake! :|

Last night I got no sleep whatsoever and being like mentally drained today I was extremely paranoid, I heard conversations in which someone said you can tell 'he's' gay because of how he walks and then I heard a conversation about 'not telling anyone' and my mind went into overdrive. I feel like I've opened a dangerous can of worms, but I'm really hoping it's just my tired state making me paranoid.

Not sure what to do, should I not care? Should I just ignore it? Who the hell can you trust these days?! :/

5. Ser Pounce

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe he didn't want it to sound obvious in case you were straight.

I felt the same way when I came out to friends the first two times. I felt mostly good about it, but I didn't sleep very well the following night(s).

If you are not sure they were talking about you, you should just ignore it. I'm sure you will feel better about it in time.

I think it is highly unlikely that your friend - knowing himself what it is like to feel that way - betrayed your trust just after you told him.

6. Lewis

I really hope so. It just seemed like a I heard things about me, but I was literally running on empty today. I was in a really dead-like state xD

I felt like today I went backwards because I just wanted to slam the lid on it and forget I ever said anything, I felt like I did when I didn't accept it.