1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'll almost did it... Almost

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gazza123, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I almost did it EC buddies. I almost told my parents gay, well actually I txting them but whats the difference but then I chickened out and decided not to. Well maybe chickened isn't the right word.

I guess maybe its my brains way of telling me I'm not ready

Just thought I'd let you know

2. im not changing

well done anyway, its a scary step, and a big one at that!! good luck :grin: xxx

3. Snowy song

Hey there - congrats on almost making it. I think the worst part of coming out might be the fear/preparations before you actually say something. The hardest part is actually deciding that you can do it; then, it's only a matter of time before you follow through with your actions. It's still a huuuuuge step to come close to telling someone, and it'll make the next time so much easier. take your time...it's not a race :thumbsup: Good luck :slight_smile:

4. ashlikeswhales

Out Status:
    All but family
    Just wondering, but what'd you tell your parents before you chickened out? If it's not too personal or anything. I plan on telling mine soon but i don't know how.

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well for me I'm doing it by text since doing it in person is way too scary for me, even though I've got a pretty good idea of how they'll take it. So I was planning on sending a text with something along the lines of "Hi, Look I've got something I need to tell you but I don't know how your going to react" or sort of take it from there. I live with my parents to so there not suspense in getting a response.

But as my post says, I chickened out and chose not to send a text at all.

Hopefully next time I will