1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So worried!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by starships, Jun 20, 2012.

1. starships

It's always on my mind, the thought of coming out. I've hinted it to a few friends but it's just not working, I feel like I could come out any minute but as soon as I have the urge to do so, I fall right back in and forget about it for a while.

Should I just do it and get it over with? Or just think about it for a while.

Starships (&&&)

2. Pain

Pain Guest

The thing is, you know, you don't have to come out- all at once, or even at all! But if you do plan to do it, what worked for me is just telling the people who matter to me first. After a while I got sick of it and just brought it up in conversation. It took me a lot of time to be this comfortable, but I only became as comfortable as I did because I had that solid support beneath me. Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge, but if you aren't ready, then it's gonna take some more time. Make sure you talk to someone you really trust and expect they would be supportive of you.
    There's a musical term I liken to how I came out: poco a poco. Little by little. It worked for me-- actually really well.
    Hope it helps a bit.

3. Koolladgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you just have to feel comfortable with it! its like sex in a way - people think about it all the time , their first time and worry "should i do it ? should i get it over with? should i wait?" you just have to know the right time ! dont just spill though, let it be a good friend that you know ( or someone who you know that is gay/ bisexual. they are GREAT help) and just be confident! be proud to be what you are!

4. xXPsychedelicXx

Yeah, don't feel like you have to come out to everybody, all at once. Tell a good friend first, and see how that goes. And like Koolladgirl said - just be confident!