1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I weird for...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SkyDiver, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SkyDiver

...enjoying the "thrill" of coming out? :newcolor:

I'm sure EVERYONE here who's out to someone knows that feeling of panic when you're on the verge of telling someone but not knowing if you should or not... "What will they think?" "How will they react" "Will they still be my friend?" Stuff like that.

But does anyone else kind of enjoy it?

It's a weird question, just curious. :lol:

2. Mercuree

I get great enjoyment from enacting 'coming out scenarios' in my head. Almost like pre-relief if you will. I imagine everyone being supportive and understanding and that makes me happy. Then again I live in my head alot so.. :grin:

3. farah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, you're not weird. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I like it too. But that doesn't hinder my ability to make the right decision. I don't take risks when coming out. As in I don't tell someone I think wouldn't support me, unless they were a hypocrite..

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Since people's reactions to me coming out tend to be rather amusing (pretty much everyone is extremely surprised when I come out to them), I guess you could say I get a thrill from the anticipation of their reaction. :slight_smile:

5. ryanninjasheep

Im currently anticipating next school year.
    Person: "Soooooo... who do you like?"
    Me: "Oh, goody! I like guessing games!"

6. I don't think it's weird at all. For some people, it's probably like skydiving; after the initial panic comes an adrenaline rush. Personally, I'm rather neutral about coming out. It's not really a big deal for me, since everyone who is important knows already, and it's not particularly a secret to new acquaintances (unless it would risk my safety).

7. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The idea of it terrifies me, soooo.... Not that you're weird, but I'm still shocked that people enjoy it LOL

8. SkyDiver

I like that comparison! I totally agree. :thumbsup:

I was absolutely petrified telling the first person as well.. (and it was my internet friend who I've never met, lol) but the more people you tell, the more "fun" and comfortable it gets :slight_smile: Btw, it's cool to see a fellow Albertan on here! :smilewave