1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to Parents!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gazza123, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So

If you've ever read any of my threads since I've joined here then you'd probably guess that I go through the emotions quickly and some days I'm good... other days I'm bad. However today is a good day in that I have finally came out to my parents who accept me and are completely supportive/fine with it which is always good. I only wish other people parents were like that as I know how tough it can be.

If you wanna know how I came out then refer to my earlier thread which has a post about it.

So to expand my coming out and such I just wanna share I few things. First is that I knew my dad would be shocked and thought I was doing it because I couldn't get a girlfriend, even though I knew this to be not true. But my mam was a completely different story in that she said she sort of knew a while back.

And to add to this she told me today that the gay guys at her work place (Both in relationships) had known I was gay. She said the one she told after I texted her said "Well I could have told you that" so he must have a really good gaydar. And the other had asked my mams friend to ask her if I was gay because he sort of new.

I know things about this gaydar, but it must exist.

Weird how I find these things out once I come out.

Well there's my story and I couldn't have done it without EC.

Oh and

Empty Closet for sale
    Been used but practically new
    I'm literally giving it away

(Hopefully none of you need one :grin: :lol:

2. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congratulations!

3. Mandar715

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulations! :grin: Coincidentally, scientific studies are starting to look at gaydars. Turns out, by briefly (fractions of a second) flashing pictures of faces to people, peoples' gaydars were roughly 60% accurate. Sorta piquant, right? :slight_smile:

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

The Gaydar exists

Wait... I'm gay

Do I have a gaydar now? LOL

:roflmao:

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Great on you! Glad your parents weren't so bad. (*hug*)

As for your closet sale, I would throw it away instead. It's an awful deal if you buy one, they aren't fun at all! :frowning2:

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congrats!
    And cool that you have accepting parents :slight_smile:

Oh and about that empty closet .... I have far too much junk, and am out of storage space so... :lol: LOL :lol:

7. Ianthe

Congratulations! I'm so glad everything turned out okay.

Yeah, it's funny about gaydar. People sometimes know, and they couldn't even tell you how they know.

Have you heard the expression that when we come out of the closet, our parents go in? Your dad might take it off your hands for a while. Or is he comfortable telling people about you, and with other people knowing?

8. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

No. He's fine with it. Close family know and what friends I have know as well. That's it for now until I settled into it more if you get what I mean... I'm not one for broadcasting news so I guess it sorta people will find out when they get to know me sort of a thing