1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by csocm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. csocm

So a couple days ago I posted in the support and advice a thread wondering if I should come out to this girl i know. It didn't get any responses so I am going to try it here. I would love any feedback you could give me.

Here is the link to the old thread, or I have a basic summary as well: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/64376-should-i-come-out-her.html

Basically I have this friend who I sorta like, we went on a church trip together last july and I havent seen her since. That trip was pretty emotional so we got relatively close. We talked a little on facebook, there have been like 16 messages total between us.

On the trip she came out to us as being bi (well the girl that were there.) And I have been thinking about coming out to her because she will probably be going through similar things and we may be able to help/support eachother.

However, there are two things that are really holding me back from telling her.
    1) I am really bad with words, and like starting conversations and so I wouldn't know how to tell her. I feel like it would be weird just to send her a message saying how I am gay. So if you have any suggestions for that, that would be great.

2) I have started almost every conversation with her on facebook, so I feel like I am bugging her or bothering her. We have had 16 messages total, back and forth and like only 5 were from her. The only time that she just sent me a message was back in the winter after my dad died and she sent this amazing message. But I still feel like I am bothering her.

I would really appreciate any advice because I have been debating about this for a while now and I dont know what to do.

2. Sayu

I think you should come out to her :slight_smile: If she's bi, then she will be probably totally cool with it and I wouldn't say it would bother her :slight_smile: There are all kinds of people and some of them are just not very chatty, so they don't like starting a conversation. But she seems to be really nice. If I were you, I would come out to her :slight_smile:

As for the conversation, you could start with something easy, like: "Hey, how are you doing?" and then continue with: "I've been thinking about what you told us during the trip. I think I would like to tell you something..."

Or smt like that :slight_smile:

Good luck to you! (*hug*)

3. CharmanderGato

Alabama (a very closed-minded, bigoted town)
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    From what I can tell, it shouldn't hurt anything to go on and tell her. Unless you think she'll get the impression that you like her. ... Besides you don't appear to know her ALL that well, but you two may actually talk more afterwards or even if it doesn't work out entirely as you planned and she's just like "okay..." thenyou can at least say you tried but I don't think that will be the case because as you and the person above stated, she is bi so she'll probably understand entirely. :slight_smile: good luck with whatever you decide. Though personally I wouldn't choose to do it over messages cuz you can't gauge reactions or anything.