1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When you started to accept your sexuality....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by alwayshope11, Jun 26, 2012.

1. alwayshope11

Did you obsess over it and question a ton of stuff regarding it?? I was diagnosed with OCD in grade school and have been fine since..except for my nature to stress about things n question them...but now that I've been accepting myself, I've been questioning and obsessing over my sexuality againXxxI feel like this is normal for a time for people going through this.. And I don't want to confuse it with my OCC coming back cu I recently had to lower my medicine dose....and I want to try n work through this stuff !

2. stumble along

I can't really vouch for anyone else here but on school years where I knew I was dealing with being lgbtq (among other things) I was so stressed and focused on figuring it out /dealing with it that there were significant drops in my grades. So yes I personally was focusing on it a lot. Ive only been to the doctor once in the past 3/4 years so I cant really squash if i have any sort of condition that may have caused it.

3. ryanninjasheep

I didnt exactly obsess, but I was confused

It was all really sudden

4. SkyDiver

I definately obsessed over it, and I have OCD as well. Althought I don't think the two were really related. It's DEFINATELY normal, don't worry about that. :slight_smile:

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

For a while i'd come to believe thatt i was bi. i'd only told my best friend, and she didnt really care. (she didnt hate me for it, but she wasnt supportive either) It wasn't until around january this year that i realized i was unknowingly hiding in the wrong closet... and came out to anyone who asked (cept parents and immediate family) as Gay, Homoflexible, Kinsey-5, whatever you want to label me... I've just finally come to terms with myself, and it was soo hard. I guess i did obsess over it a little, but I still find it easier to talk about this sort of thing among members of my LGBTQ community and/or people closer to my own age group. Not even my counselor knows my true sexuality. Yeah, I've got a lot to work on.... :confused:

6. King

King Guest

Everybody deals with it differently.
    I, personally, didn't question it (or really become confused by it). It's weird, I just sort of knew I was gay and let it happen that way. The only time I cared about it was dealing with coming out.
    Good luck!

King x

7. Sayu

I have OCD too, but I'd say it doesn't influence my view on my sexuality. I haven't finished questioning yet, but I am fully prepared for the case I would be a lesbian. I have no problem with it and I accept it. Well, most of the time... And this is funny, because it was right at today's night that I suddenly woke up and thought "I want to be straight and have a husband and children..." But it is over me now. I usually experience depressing feelings similar to this when I'm alone and particularly in the evening or at night.

8. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't obsess with it, but it was always there, in the back of my head saying nasty things to me. It took me some time to first get used to that fact. But once I got used to that... well you all know!