1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to first male friend as trans

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by J Snow, Jun 29, 2012.

1. J Snow

So, my family is out of town, and I kind of got left out of things with friends, so I've been sitting around my house all depressed all night, and I ended up texting one of my oldest friends some pretty depressing stuff, and I eventually ended up just saying f**k it and telling him the whole story. Here's what I text him, with some profanity, site names, and people names censored out.

Added some indents so it wouldn't be one long wall of text. Certainly the longest phone text message I've ever sent. I really hope I censored anything I could get in trouble for. I really wanted to share this though. It was certainly the most well thought out coming out message I've ever sent to someone.

I guess I'm kind of worried I may have shared too much all at once, but I didn't want to just be like, "I want to be a girl" and be done with it. I wanted to share everything, so that he would understand why I feel the way I do. Perhaps it was rash, but its done now.

So he took it decently. Didn't really say it was okay per se (and when I came out as gay to him he did say it was my decision and he didn't care but he was a Christian so he thought of it as a sin) but he did tell me that I should just not care what people think and "treat it like a joke" and people can't hurt you.

Though, when he got off he did say, "Okay bud, I need to get to bed. Have a good night man." Which seems a little odd considering the conversation, but at least he's being the same old friend I had before.

So I celebrated by putting on some makeup I found around the house and sticking some socks in my shirt to act as boobs lol. Sounds pathetic but yeah... It might be lonely but I guess there are some advantages to being home alone. Honestly I'm not sure which made me feel better =P

#1 J Snow, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. In regards to that statement, I would say to just not over-think it for now. He needs time to adjust still, and I have heard some people call their female friends stuff like "man" or "dude". If it really bothers you, I would tell him, but just give him a little more time to absorb everything.

All in all, it sounds like it went well. Congrats!

3. J Snow

Oh it didn't bother me. I just notice stuff like that. I'm even guilty of saying stuff like, "DUDE! Guess what?" When speaking to females.