1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... I guess a lot of people know now...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by sugarcubeigloo, Jul 1, 2012.

1. sugarcubeigloo

I just came back from a party where a bunch of my friends were there. Actually, let me take you back a bit: a while ago, I had told two of my friends (while driving in the car nonetheless) that I was gay. They were quite happy about it and were nothing more than open. Fast forward to today: one of my friends at the party I was at, just out of the blue, asked "are you gay?" Granted, she had a few drinks, but still she was kind of loud. I then realized that I didn't really care. There were other friends there, passersby who could eavesdrop, and it didn't matter to me. I just said yes, and that was it. I'm really starting to be OK with it. I did find out after taking about it with my (loud - LOL) friend that one of my friends from the car that night told her. But I'm not at all upset with her. In fact, I'm actually glad that people are talking about it. :slight_smile: This may sound crazy, I mean whats the big deal I suppose, but it seems like a mountain to me. Now, am I ready for my family to know yet? No. But I'm taking steps. Sorry, I don't mean to ramble, but something about all of this just feels right. Hopefully my post makes sense. :lol:

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Makes total sense, congratulations! It really is a great thing that you're becoming more comfortable with who you are. Good job! :eusa_danc

3. Ianthe

Maybe the girl liked you. That would be a reason that your other friend might have told her. I mean, when your friend is all crushing on someone, and you know that it just can't work, it can be hard not to say anything. Especially if she's asking for help trying to set her up or something, or asking things like, "Do you think he likes me?" It would also be why the girl felt she had to confirm with you, rather than just accepting it as truth.

Congratulations on coming out to more people! Even just confirming can be hard, especially when it's sprung on you out of nowhere like that.

4. sugarcubeigloo

Thanks! Its weird, I feel like I'm changing and its really nice. Although almost all of the reactions to my coming out have been positive. I'm dreading the day where it won't be. (*hug*)

Thanks! :slight_smile: Is it awful that I have a sneaking suspicion that this may actually be what happened about her liking me? I try to be completely unassuming and I certainly don't consider myself a looker. But after I told her she smiled and said she was happy. Then she suddenly left the house saying she needed to make a phone call... I don't know. I suppose its best not to speculate.

Thanks for reading this! I really appreciate it! :slight_smile:

5. Ianthe

I don't think it's bad that you think that might be what happened. It seemed like it to me, which is why I said so. Be nice to her, and if she starts acting weird or something, forgive her for it. Why would it be bad to think that someone might like you? It's not like you think all the girls like you, or something like that.

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats. Glad to hear you are fine with it as you should be. Take your time and tell your family when you are ready.