1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I came out to my family.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by hotbabe1, Jul 2, 2012.

1. hotbabe1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can remember when i came out to my family. My parents didn't like people of the LGBT community. They said it was kinda stupid. They made me scared to confess i was a lesbian to them.So, I realized I needed to tell them. So one day,I sat my parents doen and said, "Mom, dad, I have a confession to make. I'm not really straight. I-I'm a lesbian." My parents were very shocked. There was a LONG conversation, so i'll just get right to the point.So at the end, my mom said, "Honey, were sorry we were talking bad about ur orientation. No matter ur a lesbian or not, we'll always love you. <3." I was SO happy my parents excepted me. I'm SO sorry to whoever's parents don't except them for their orientation.

2. KiddlesP

That made me smile. I am not sure if my parents would turn around and be that supportive, since they are locked in their 1950s childhood world view that homosexuality is a mental disorder and you should be locked up in an asylum...

3. Silvails52

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

That made me smile so much. I hope my family reacts well...

4. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Congrats, I'm glad that they took the news so well, I hope my parents are that understanding when I tell them.

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, that's wonderful! Kind of similiar to my parent's reaction. Also, love your avatar. <3 Willow