1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joining a friend -sort-of- in the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by VenomousWeb, Jul 2, 2012.

1. VenomousWeb

Europe, Originally from The South Pacific
    There is no way for that not to sound dirty :confused:, no Im not sleeping with a friend in the closet xD

My transgender friend, FtM, has always been a good friend of mine, and a few months ago, he came out as trans, I'd always had an inkling that maybe he wasn't happy being female, so I wasn't entirely surprised, still, I was shocked at the time he chose to come out, but regardless, Im happy for him, its been going well so far.

Anyway, Im not sure exactly who or what I am, so I talked to my transfriend today, and he was tremendously supportive and gave me great advice, he asked what pronoun I'd like to be used, like gender neutral "they", and I say that Im notfussy, but being called "she" all the time does get on my nerves, I'd preferr "it" or "he" sometimes ... And without even saying a thing, my friend said, "You're androgynous, I always knew it!"

I'd always had the inkling towards androgyny, so it meant a lot for someone to finally stand up and go "hang on a minute, yeah, you're totally androgynous" ... It was like it wasn't all in my head anymore like I wasn't crazy, like ... Like it was actually true.

Now, we're organising a trip to an LGBT hang out spot and support group ... Hes the only person that Ive really talked to about LGBT things, since my best friend is exclusively straight, shes open minded, but simply doesnt understand from an LGBT's perspective ...
    Its nice to be understood, to understand someone ... So Im not coming out of the closet, instead, Im just less lonely in the closet. Hes an inspiration, coming out, I feel so lucky

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting, good luck figuring everything out and eventually coming out? It's great to hear you're feeling better about yourself and you have someone who understands you. Have fun with your LGBT group! :slight_smile:

3. MathMan

congrats! this is definitely a big step. Having someone like your friend whom you can confide in is great! like you said, you are able to get that stuff out of your head and it doesn't seem crazy anymore.