1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward Coming Out... Hah..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by akidyouwish, Jul 3, 2012.

1. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So i am currently at my Ex-Girlfriends house just chilling around. I was showing her my EC account and what not and she managed to see that I'm trans. I'm not out to anybody really. So her initial reaction was to loudly ask "YOU'RE TRANSGENDER"

I was about to respond with a "duh" Due to the fact that i was not about to react in any other way, when her homophobic super religious mom walked in.

"Someones trans"

So of course we denied the word ever even being spoken and that was that.

She hasn't said anything else about it.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It sounds like you have nothing to worry about then... It seems like that your ex girlfriend took it well.

That said, you might want to be careful to whom you are showing your EC account. If you value your privacy and want a space where you can really be yourself and talk about your fears and challenges without having a friend or your ex girlfriend knowing you are on EC, try not to show it around or invite people to see it. :slight_smile:

3. akidyouwish

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah it was pretty dumb of me, but i didn't think she would read into it because she already knew i was bi and what not xDD

4. Delta

I don't think she'll give you too much trouble about it. Being accidentally outed isn't much fun, but it'll be okay. Also, a lot of more conservative people don't know much about transgender issues, so I think her mother might not have anything to say about it even if she caught on that it was about you.

5. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's actually pretty funny! And that's why my superChrostaindweeb parents don't know I'm trans...they'd just press me so much x.o. But hey, you came out (more like yanked out, lol). Be careful with your account, though!