1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Finally)Coming Out to my Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mad1022, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never come out to anyone. Ever. One day, I was emailing my friend, and I just kind of...exploded. She's totally accepting and alwayd stands up for gay rights - but she had no self esteem and is pretty much suffering from deppression. I didn't specifically say "Hi I'm lesbian!" but this is mostly how it went:
    Subject: Come on!

Look, *friend name*, stop calling yourself ugly and fat! I know you're not! You are like a sister to me and I love you and it makes me sick to see you so depressed! And I know you're not ugly because I seriously only admire girls (....)

Yeaaah. Wierd way to come out, right?:confused: But I did it, and that's what matters! And she was totally fine with it! Just "Aatu, I don't care if you like girls."(*hug*) Now if only my parents were accepting. Well, now I think I might come out to my second-best friend...we'll see how that goes down. But at least I managed to get out to someone!:grin:

2. SkyDiver

The first one is always the hardest! :slight_smile: I'm super proud of you. Once you start getting the hang of coming out and getting comfortable with it it'll be a piece of cake. :wink:

3. khamomile

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  4. Mercy

Mercy Guest

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Yay.

And I give you

THE DANCING BANANAS

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!!)(!!)(!!)(!!)(!!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

You've taken the biggest step to the rest of the life. Congrats

6. Jared

Congrats on coming out and it's awesome that you have an accepting friend. :slight_smile:

7. Mad1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, guys! :slight_smile: Oh, and thank you for the dancing bananas XD. So thanks all you guys for the encouragment and kindness!