1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told my best friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EllieSong, Jul 4, 2012.

1. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was outside with my best friend today and i have decided yesterday, that I'm going to tell her that I like girls too. I knew she'd accept it okay, 'cause we talked about things like that and I knew she had no problem with it and had some bi friends already...
    but it take me some time to actually bring this up in the conversation. When I did, she just said "Oh, one more bi friend" with a smile on her face! It was really nice and then we just continued to talk about other things.

I don't think I'll be telling my family anytime soon (they might suspect something). I think my mum's parents would be supportive, but I don't know for my mum, 'cause she once said that she can't understand bisexuals...
    Also, my father's family is quite against all these things (they are veeeeery religious) and once when we talked they said that if I had a girlfriend, I'd still be welcome in their home, but she wouldn't be. I think this is just a nice way of saying that they wouldn't like me there as well...(we were talking theoretically)...

Anyway, I'm really happy that I told someone :slight_smile:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your best friend! The first ones are always the hardest. Well done! :slight_smile:

3. Whoo, well done! Glad for you that she took it so well XD (!)

4. Theory

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrats! That's awesome :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats!! I'm glad to hear that you have accepting friends!!

6. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know this is an old thread but I have some updates xd
    After I told my best friend I told another close friend of mine who asked me how I know it. After that a few seconds of awkward silence followed but we're cool and despite not talking about it, she's still my friend, which is great :slight_smile:
    I also told two religious peope I when I met first time (we started talking about gay marriage and everything and one of them said she doesn't know any people like this, and so I told her) and they were and are very accepting :slight_smile:

And the most recent. I'm at language course in Germany and There is a girl from Slovakia with who I often talk so one day we started to talk about this and I just told her that I am bisexual. It kind of just came out, but luckily it was okay xD

People are actually more accepting than I thought they would be.