1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out and I'm scared...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Neutrality, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Neutrality

I just came out to all of my friends in an email because I'm not good at doing emotional stuff in person...I'm starting to realise that this was a bad idea because know I'm gonna be terrified of the responses all day....oh well it's done....just mom, sis and facebook left.

2. Lad123

Congratulations! It takes guts to come out to several people at once. Good luck with the responses :slight_smile:

3. Neutrality

I wanted to go with the pulling off the bandaid approach...I just want it to be done so I know who my real friends are.

4. Congratulations!! I don't blame you for feeling terrified. Just breathe. Deep breaths. Haha!! It's a great step in the right direction, and hopefully all your responses will be supportive. ^_^

5. Ianthe

Congratulations!

I came out to some people in email and text messages, too. It was so nerve wracking, I always advise people to have some way of knowing when the messages will be received. One thing you could do, is send a text message to your friends telling them to check their email--that's presuming that texts are usually responded to more quickly.

Let us know how they respond! Did you tell them you need help meeting gay nerds?

6. Bedroom Hymns

Wow, that is very brave. Congratulations, man! I'm sure it will go well, don't worry!

7. Neutrality

Hehe I will leave hook ups for later....for now I've heard back from one and he doesn't care at all! And is still gonna go to the magic 2013 pre release with me tomorrow....just 3 more important friends to hear from.

8. Ianthe

Yay!!! I'm so glad your friend is supportive! I'm sure you'll hear back from all of them soon. Congratulations!

9. Neutrality

2 friends are ok with it so far =)I was so scared but it's going great so far...I guess I'll just update this as I go today =)

10. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congraaats! It's getting exciting now, good luck!!!

11. SkyDiver

So cool to hear that 2 responses are cool with it!

Yes, keep us updated!

12. Neutrality

No response from the other two yet...I guess I should be happy about today but instead I'm so nervous about seeing my friends that I feel sick...I was fine for a while cause I focused on work but I've finished all my work now....

13. SkyDiver

So these are the same friends who joke around with each other, right? The ones who call your black friend a "n-----"? The ones that you were really worried about?

14. Neutrality

Yea the exact same guys....one of the apologized for all the gay jokes and said he felt bad but I had to reassure him that I don't get offened by anything....I just hope things aren't different between us now.

15. Neutrality

Well time for the last update of the day...I didn't stop at my friends I told my sis too, only 1 friend hasn't replied back...and all of them were ok with it...soo aside from my one friend who hasn't replied back and my mom I'm out of that damned closet =P

16. MathMan

wow! congratulations!!

17. timo

Congrats!! It's great to hear that they're all accepting, and I hope you will still get a message from your other friend!

18. im not changing

congratulations!!!!

19. Silvails52

I'm proud of you! I can't do Facebook. Ever. There are way too many Christians on my friends list that would probably react negatively.

20. Neutrality

Well this might be my last update for this post, I finally heard from my last friend and he didn't even blink...ya know it's weird I was at least expecting questions but, hanging out with them tonight was like nothing had changed at all, they didn't even bring up my sexuality or if I was dating anyone or anything once.

ps: Just for fun I'll mention that one of my friend's friend that tagged along was sooo cute..I really have only had 1 crush...well I'm not sure what a crush feels like..but I was instantly attracted to this guy and by the end of the night I was chatting with him more then my friends,he had me blushing and he even passed the touch test...and then his girlfriend came by, Ohh my gosh that sucks...and before anyone says it, no I don't care if he might still be Bi or questioning, I'd never flirt with someone once I know they are in a relationship, so he instantly went off the table for me. =P

#20 Neutrality, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012