1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This isn't exactly a coming out story but...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Gipsy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'M SEEKING HELP! :grin: I finally told my dad that I'm in desperate need of therapy, due to some flowing thoughts I've been having on and off lately that disturb me and leave me in a bucket of confusion, which leads me to depression. :frowning2: Anyway, I know that asking for therapy isn't such a difficult thing to do, but because I have a hard time confronting things as well as having someone help or do it for me, it means a lot to me that I finally did it on my own! :grin: I've been hiding about needing help for 2 months already, and I thought it was about time I do it before I go into a new school. When I told my dad about therapy, he said "That's it? Of course I'll let you go!" I was like "Wow..." then my mom sent me an e-mail saying (she's in a clinic until the 16th of this month):

"Hi honey, I hope you're doing good and that you're very happy with dad and brother in the house alone, your dad commented me that you wanted to go to a therapist. Don't worry babe for the money, me and your dad will look over the payment form and appointments so that you can go talk with her with the things that you're not able to talk about with us. My love, don't worry about anything just live your teenage life with peace and happiness. I only want for you to be peaceful, me and your dad will solve whatever problem okay? Just pretend to be in you're happy place for now, and keep on daydreaming that way you distract yourself and live peacefully. I love you don't forget that and me and your dad are your bestest friends. Love yooou!"

- Mom

Last night, for some reason both of my parents were very accepting that I needed help. Even though I didn't specifically tell them what I need help with, they're willing to have me only talk to it with a therapist. I would probably tell my parents sometime in life though, when I'm ready.

Hooray! (!)

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad to see that your parents are trying to help you.

Also, congrats on telling your parents that you think that a therapist would help you. It can be hard to talk about your feelings, but it's a large step that has to be taken at one point or another.

3. Adam123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    you sound like you have extremely loving parents, you're very lucky! I hope you're feeling more positive soon, we're all rooting for you!

4. Aegis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, I started tearing up a little when I read that note. Sounds like you have awesome parents. Good luck!

5. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Damn. I wish my family was that supportive and understanding

6. J Snow

You should be proud. I've been in therapy for probably close to 6 months through my university and I haven't said a word to my parents.

7. Sayu

That's amazing. I, myself, have wanted to ask for a therapist since I was like 15, but I just don't have the guts to do it. Even though I know my family would let me.

8. Pain

Pain Guest

Congrats!!!! :grin:

9. Carm

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    wow. amazing.