1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced out by an ex friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by lonewolf77, Jul 15, 2012.

1. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

As weird as that title sounds, its actually true. About a week ago I came out to someone who,at the time, was a good friend to me. She has since told me she wanted nothing to do with in any way, shape, or form. That sucked but I got over it (mostly). Well, she took it one step further and told a bunch of mutual friends that I was out and now they dont want anything to with me either. I have no friends left and the guys I work with dont associate with me anymore than they have to. I don't think I've ever felt as lonely as I do now. I want to just curl up and die right now. I hate this. If I wouldve known how this was going to work out I wouldve just kept it in. But I didnt and know I'm dealing with the consequences.

2. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

be who u are !!!! that's what i say, Also F@@k Them!!!

Centre minded people don't belong!!!

3. Vanc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow.... your ex-friend is truly a terrible person. She should have understood what you're going through but she basically used it against you. You'll find new friends, I promise (*hug*) (*hug*) and you'll always have us to talk to!

4. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Thanks. Yeah, I still cant believe shes being such a bitch.

5. ToTheCeilingFan

Oh dude, I'm sorry. That really sucks. I feel kinda powerless to help, but sending love and hugs your way. <3

6. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear that. Obviously she was not a real friend and neither are the rest of them. True friends don't walk out on you just because you come out.

7. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an unwritten rule that you never forcefully out a friend. That's pretty shitty.

8. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Believe me Spat, youll get no argument from me on that one.

9. Mercy

Mercy Guest

Sweetheart im so sorry

10. IrisM

It's going to seem hard now, but remember at least on here you have friends who wish you well. Take things one step at a time, but use the extra time you now have to try and make life better. Find a higher paying job, meet someone special. Nothing quite rings so well with Karma as you having found happiness while they are still held back by their own negativity toward others.

11. Adam123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    one of the best pieces of advice I've ever read.

12. i need help

It may not seem like it now and may not for a while. But on the + not you can just "assume" that everyone know ( stuff like that travels fast you know ) and not have to worry about it. Just live your life, the real people will always be there for you.

13. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Thank you everyone.

14. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

I'm sorry that that happened to you (&&&) . That was a really horrible thing for your friend to do. If they can't accept you for who you are, they were never really your friends. You deserve better, and you will find new friends. I'm sending love and hugs your way (*hug*)

15. Eleanor Rigby

I'm really sorry of what happened (*hug*). You're completely entitled to feel angry and hurt. And I'm really really sorry that you're feeling isolated and lonely right now (*hug*), but in all honesty, you deserve better than those pretended friends who can't accept you for who you are. A friend is someone who is supposed to be there when times are tough, who is supposed to listen when you need to talk, who is supposed to care for your feelings. If your friends are unable to do that, then clearly you deserve better friends.
    I know feeling rejected is very tough, but believe me, there are people in this world who will be your friends, and will love yourself for who you truly are. You've just made some space into your heart to let them in when they'll come :slight_smile:
    Plenty of (*hug*) Cécile

16. Rose

Oh my goodness me I'm shocked by your original post. Your so called friends do not deserve you. You are better than their small mindedness. What a shame for them that they will no longer get to enjoy you. Whilst it leaves you lonely right now, invest in yourself, as others have advised. Before long, you'll have people around you again. Special people who love you just as you are because that is enough.

Love to you!

Rose

17. Calico

It's really sad that a whole bunch of people can be so heavily influenced by a few words. And since they were your "friends" before they new that proves that they have some inner insecurities about homosexuality that has absolutely nothing to do with you as an individual.
    As for the girl who told everyone: at least she is out of your life now. Because what kind of person would readily injure/destroy the other friendships of their ex friend?

18. SkyDiver

That's a horrible thing to have to go through. At least you weeded a horrible person out of your life, though. You don't need someone in your life who's going to treat you like that.

You're going to make friends who respect you for who you are, and you're going to look back at this and laugh. :slight_smile: There are so many people out there who are open-minded, accepting and loving. You will find them.

(*hug*)

19. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So sorry to hear about this. A lot has been said by people already, but I just want to say again that I'm sure you'll meet new (and better) friends soon. Life may be hard now but you'll get through it. All the best. (*hug*)