1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to come out to an old friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mischa91, Jul 16, 2012.

1. mischa91

I recently reconnected with a friend from high school through facebook, she was a very close friend in my last few years of school and we lost touch when i went to university. I had a huge crush on her when i was about 16 and i've thought about her a few times very the years.

I've been back in touch with her for a few months an we exchange emails a few times a week. I want to come out to her as bisexual but also about being bi-gendered. I'm not sure how to bring it up, i should have told her when we first got back in touch but didn't want to scare her off you know.. not i just can't figure out how to bring it up.

I don't really want to make a huge announcement and want to casually slot it into my next email but i don't know, it's not easy to find the words.

I know she'll be cool with it, i know she's fine with lgbt folks. It's funny, when we were in high school (the last 2 years we went to different schools) a lot of my year though we were dating. I'm not sure if she ever knew that but a few people asked me. Maybe i could use that to bring up my sexuality.

2. Jim1454

I know it's an awkward thing to bring up in conversation or an email. Sometimes you just need to right 'introduction' to the topic. Something like:

"Something else has had me a little preoccupied lately but I'm really glad to have it worked out now. I've come to the conclusion that I'm 'bi-gender', which might sound a little confusing. It certainly has been for me..."

Because there really is no 'seamless' way to introduce a topic like this into an email.